Nitto Help! 315 or 275 for stock rim

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Hi guys, im about to buy a set of Nitto 555DR. I ll use them as DD and some track run... Now i have stock rim on my 03 Cobra and dont know if i should go 315-35-17 or the 275 one?????

More i read thread on the topic more confused i become so any help will be consider a lot!

Ty Ben,

wlg101190

Established Member
The Nitto 315 DR is, I think, the only 315 that will fit the stock wheel with no modifications. Get the 315 for sure, they last a while too.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
The Nitto 315 DR is, I think, the only 315 that will fit the stock wheel with no modifications. Get the 315 for sure, they last a while too.

Thank you sir....... that s what i thought... i dont even know if guys put the nitto 275 on our stock rims ??

svtrookie

Established Member
Def a good choice to go with the 315 nitto's . . . They fit fine on the stock wheel. . .Nitto tires are cut a lot smaller the bfg drag radials. I have had them for 2 years and feel pretty satisfied. I think i got close to 10,000 miles on my last pair.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Def a good choice to go with the 315 nitto's . . . They fit fine on the stock wheel. . .Nitto tires are cut a lot smaller the bfg drag radials. I have had them for 2 years and feel pretty satisfied. I think i got close to 10,000 miles on my last pair.

Nice to hear that!:beer::rolling:

ponygrrl

Lethal Performance Rep.
Established Member
I got 18k out of my last set.

315/35 555Rs in the rear, 275/40 555s up front.

Vsix

Established Member
315 Nitto DRs on the stock wheels no problems its my daily driver :beer:

XtraTQ

Established Member
Can you post some pics when you get the 315's mounted? I think I'm gonna be ordering a pair for my stock wheels as well.

Are shaved IRS bolts needed?

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Can you post some pics when you get the 315's mounted? I think I'm gonna be ordering a pair for my stock wheels as well.

Are shaved IRS bolts needed?

Just watch my UPS tracking and they re already at the customs, so i expected them to arrive on tuesday. I will try to post a pic when ill mount them. About youre question im a bit questionning myself either, from what i ve read thought seems like some have to and some dont for the bolt.
:shrug:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I've ran 315s way back when.. IMO they just don't look quite right on a stock 9 inch rim.. I run the 275s out back and am quite happy with them.. Now if you had a wider rim i would say 315s all day...

I personally can't tell the difference in traction between the two...

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
i had the nitto 315s. now i have the m/t drag radial, and i would never get a nitto again

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Have them mounted today, Totally like the look and the grip after a couple of street pull. I may try them at the track wednesday. 315 FTW !!! till now. Ah, and they clear the Irs bolt either.

Users who are viewing this thread