Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bballplayanick

K1ng C0bRa
Established Member
I have been thinking about buying 2 18 x9 and 2 18 x 10 black saleens off americanmuscle.com. They give me 2 tire choices including Nitto and Sumitomo to come with these wheels. I really don't know when it comes to tires, with that being said... Which tire should I go with? OR is there another tire you would recommend? Thanks!!!

Also... 275/35/18 and 285/35/18 are the right size tires correct?

Last edited:

svtrickey

Established Member
My brother runs these on his 450hp mustang and they are killer for the price.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Jefe

Established Member
Id skip buying tires from them and get NT05's for the rear and 555s for the front

Mustanger

Established Member
Can't answer...need more info on your use of the tires & your car ...Sumi's are generally looked upon as a cheap tire not good for traction...I happen to like them as I don't track my car or drag...I went for price & dry weather alone & am very happy with them. I also don't make much power...yet.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I can't speak on nitto's but i ran sumitomo htrz II's on my intake/exhaust cobra and i was VERY impressed with them. They hooked damn good for a street tire and were dead quiet. Another great tire that hooks very well and is very cheap is the nexen n3000.

veddersbetter

Established Member
Nittos-----555s and NT05's ARE Nittos .. 555's are the cheapest followed by NT05's which arent much more. I had good luck with Nitto although they do run on the small side a little.

Sumitomo--- I have no personal experience with

Nexen---- I know I havent posted much or been here long but DO NOT and I repeat.. DO NOT... get Nexen tires. A lot of people sware by them and I cant for the life of me figure out why. I have them on my Mazda 6 daily driver and they are complete garbage.

1. No traction in the rain.. period... this is on a fwd V6.. hardly any better in dry conditions
2. They dryrot after 2 summers.
3. They turn brown if you dont clean them every other day.
4. They dont last. I have 25000 miles on my 7000 series (summer) Nexens and not only are they dryrotted and brown... theyre damn near bald.

Want me to tell you how I really feel about Nexen tires? I wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy

Vredestein--- I actually had these on my LS1 Formula in 295/30/19. Decent tire.. didnt hook for shit at the track .. (2.1 60ft) but they were 19's so I cant judge them by that. Look kinda wild and they do run small.. my 295 rear tires were the same width as my 275 fronts of a different brand.
For the price definitely worth considering

Tire Size--- Personally I would go wider in the rear.. 305 at least. With maybe a 275 in the front. :)

Last edited:

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Avoid Summi's They are not one of the best tires out there. Friend works at NTB and they do sell those all day to people (it is their house brand), but it is one of their bottom dollar tires. Their mark up is astounding on them. They look at, on average, getting 35% markup on them. They are one of their cheapest tires sold at their stores.

Now as far as size. I ran 18x10.5 afs in the rear with a 335x30x18 at stock height. I know there are some people that are running 345's A lot will depend on your rear setup, whether it is centered or not, if you changed the IRS bolts to get clearance on the head. If you are lowered...etc. Right now with my 18x10.5s and being lowerI am running 295 and not have to worry about fender rubbing.

Mustanger

Established Member
The cobra only comes out when the sun is, I dont go to the track but I have my fun on the streets.

Then you are golden to use the Sumitomos! They are very quiet, ride great, hold well in the corners on the street & give great tire life...the low price is an added bonus. My 315's & 275 combo will easily get me 25-30k miles

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

Bballplayanick

K1ng C0bRa
Established Member
I plan on getting 275/35/18 for the front tires but Im still not sure on the back, everybody has a different opinion!

After I put the 18 inch wheels on I would like to drop it an inch, maybe an inch 1/2. I dont want to have any rubbing, so will I be able to get away with that with a lets say... 305 or 315? Or should I stick with more of a 285/295?

DEVIL

Established Member
I had both on my car, and the nitto has better traction, is quieter, much better in the rain, and handles better all around. The shoulders of the Sumitomo are very square, and tend to follow the rut (low spot) in the road, making the car follow the rut, so the car requires more attention on the steering wheel. The Nitto's are a night and day difference, much better all around, much, much quieter inside the car. I pulled the Sumitomo's off the Cobra and used them on my GT just to use them rather than let them sit and dry rot. If you have the money, go Nitto.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I had superhomo's.,,. they are made of butter and will spin in any gear at any speed with more than half throttle :shrug:

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta........... all the way, a really bad ass tire.... about 8-900 for 315-35 and 275-40 17's depending on deals they r making

Users who are viewing this thread