Nittos 555 Slow Leak

03 VENOM

Established Member
I bought 2 brand new Nittos 555 from Discount tire in Merrillville, IN. A few months ago. I checked the tire pressure yesterday and they were about 5 psi low. So I aired them back up to 32 psi. I checked them again today and they are about 5 psi low again!!! WTF?? I am so pissed if I have to take them back off and bring them in. I'm not letting them touch my car. I'm gonna spray them with water to see where the leak is coming from. I also bought the warranty to get full replacement too.

Another thing, when I was watching them mount my tires, they were cleaning up the bead seat area of the rim with an air powered tool. Was that really necessary?? They better of not messed up my rims.

03 VENOM

Established Member
I forgot to mention I brought 1 wheel in at a time. A week apart.

When the guy put the wheel in the trunk of my other car; he dropped the wheel in the trunk and slammed it down. Morons

charlies

Established Member
tires

i have not had a problem with my nitto tires leaking but I have had a problem with the tire to rim seal on my stock chrome wheels- the chrome corrodes/pops up on the bead area and caused a slow leak around the rim. had to remove the tire and clean the rim and no more problems. dont know if that is your problem or not.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I bought 2 brand new Nittos 555 from Discount tire in Merrillville, IN. A few months ago. I checked the tire pressure yesterday and they were about 5 psi low. So I aired them back up to 32 psi. I checked them again today and they are about 5 psi low again!!! WTF?? I am so pissed if I have to take them back off and bring them in. I'm not letting them touch my car. I'm gonna spray them with water to see where the leak is coming from. I also bought the warranty to get full replacement too.

Another thing, when I was watching them mount my tires, they were cleaning up the bead seat area of the rim with an air powered tool. Was that really necessary?? They better of not messed up my rims.

Thank you for the post.

Like charlies noted it's sometimes necessary to clean around the bead seat. I recommend speaking with the store manager about the issue you are having and he'll make sure you're taken care of.

On a side note, for every 10 degrees change in ambient pressure your tires will gain or loose 1 psi. Keep this in mind when checking tire pressure as the temperatures are dropping, especially at night.

03 VENOM

Established Member
Thank you for the post.

Like charlies noted it's sometimes necessary to clean around the bead seat. I recommend speaking with the store manager about the issue you are having and he'll make sure you're taken care of.

On a side note, for every 10 degrees change in ambient pressure your tires will gain or loose 1 psi. Keep this in mind when checking tire pressure as the temperatures are dropping, especially at night.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't lost anymore air pressure since the other day.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Glad we could help. If you continue to have issues I recommend taking the assemblies in for inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread