nitto's or bfg's DRAG RADIALS?

04Screamer

Established Member
Nitto's if they're going on the factory wheels, and for a better all around tire.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
depends. do you drive on them alot? i only drive my car on the weekends, and never in rain. and i wanted the best possible traction, without going to a 315 wide tire. i have about 4000 miles on my BFG's and they are about 2/3's gone. they hook like mad! when hot, i can take off just about as hard as i want to. no wheel hop when hot either. i had the nittos on my last car, they were better than just the regular nitto 555's but not by much. i will buy the BFG's again, when these are down to the belts. and btw, i have 275/40/17's and i hook better than my buddy with 315/35/17 nitto 555R's:burnout:

Last edited:

KiLLaBytE

Established Member
if you have an extra set of rims, and only use them @ the track... definitely BFGs. they hook better (softer compound).

if you put them on as daily-driving tires, go with nittos. just be careful in the rain.

nittos last longer than BFGs.

you could go with the new M/T drag radials, but they're even softer than BFGs and wear even faster.

03InThe11s

Established Member
Originally posted by KiLLaBytE
if you have an extra set of rims, and only use them @ the track... definitely BFGs. they hook better (softer compound).

if you put them on as daily-driving tires, go with nittos. just be careful in the rain.

nittos last longer than BFGs.

you could go with the new M/T drag radials, but they're even softer than BFGs and wear even faster.

yea, what he said.:beer:

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
thanks guys guess it will be nittos since this is my daily driver and i will use both on the street and at the track. will try to aquire an extra set of rims and i will try the mt drag radials for sure
thomas

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
one more ?

should i heat up the nitto's at the track for the best launch. I mean like smoke them till they are hot. or is that necessary.

sorry seems like a dumb question but all I have ever dealt with are street tires and slicks never owned a set of drag radials

thomas

sb03cobra

Established Member
Nitto recommends to heat them to 130, short 3-5 second burnout.

BFG recommends around 180 degrees, 5-10 second burnout has worked best for me.

03InThe11s

Established Member
i allways turned mine over till they hazed. nothing more. worked pretty well. the BFG's barely need to be warm to hook. neither one of these tires need long, smokey burnouts. treat them as you would a street tire. turn them over to heat them up a tad, and clean them off. thats all ya need. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread