Nitto's

vbguy01

Established Member
3 questions...

1) Which 315/35/17 Nittos are recommended for a daily driver, the 555R DR's or the 555RII Extreme's?

2) For those of you who have Nitto's, are they a feasible tire for a daily driver? (I understand they are real sticky and pick up all the crap on the road.)

3) I see you can order the DR's from Discount Tire Direct but is there anyplace else?

Bonus: When is the freakin' Search function going to be fixed????

Okay, Okay, I'll settle for input on the first three.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers :beer:

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
The DR's are terrible in the rain, not my definition of daily driver tire at all.

555707_10_full.jpg

eczman

ive got a set of nittos and got about 2500 miles on them, its a daily driver and they still look like they did when i put them on, but i dont drive very hard... just every once in awhile. by the way they are very bad in the rain, watch out........

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
315 Nitto DR's on stock wheels. GREAT on dry pavement. You have to be careful when its wet. Don't even try it in the snow.

315-Nittos-1-small.jpg

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I have a pair of Kumho Ecsta 712's that I think are a good tire for the price. They do fine in the rain, on dry pavement, and on snow.

d.aspx

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
The 555R 315s @ 26psi are great for the back and the 555RII 275s @ 35 psi are great for the front. I have both on the stock rims and haven't had any problems with them as a daily driver tire. My last set of 555R 315s lasted around 8k miles which was 1 year of use on a KB 03 with 17#s. I haven't had any problems in the rain as long as you are not stupid and try to drive over 60mph they are fine. They are no worse then any other performance tire I have had including the stock F1s in the rain.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
I have a set of 275 DR's on the back (BFG KD's up front).

Straight-line they absolutly rock :rockon: First time since i've owned the car that I can bang 2nd and go full-throttle and they flat out HOOK. 1st is largely a lost cause but at least it stays in a straight line now.

Daily driver they're a little "squishy" for me, especially in abrupt transitions, but they still hold a corner pretty well (as long as it's smooth and no abrupt back/forth moves). OK for daily use in a dry area like So Cal; i'd never use them in wetter parts of the US, but that's JMHO.

Last edited:

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
I have the 315 outback and really like them. I have had them for about 2,000 miles and they seem to be wearing very well. Never got caught in the rain so I can't help you out there. I run mine at about 25 psi and they do very well on the street and track.

fubu795

Banned
I got the 315's out back with stock wheels. They grip great when there heated at the track and never had a problem in the rain :)

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 03SoCalCobra
Daily driver they're a little "squishy" for me, especially in abrupt transitions, but they still hold a corner pretty well (as long as it's smooth and no abrupt back/forth moves).

I would bet the "squishy" is more from your suspension then the tires. Also how much pressure are you running in them? If you haven't yet replace your IRS assembly bushings with the MM urethane replacements and it will make a major difference.

vbguy01

Established Member
I'm leaning towards the Nitto 315 DR's in the rear. I take it easy in the rain anyhow. One thing though, I just noticed that they are V rated to 149mph as opposed to Z rating of up to 149 and above. Not that I plan on going much faster than that but has anyone gone over that with this tire or had any problems with mixing Z and V rated tires?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread