NJSP or any other NJ Police departments

BostonStrangler

B. A. M. F.
Established Member
I'm wondering if any of you leo's are in the New Jersey State Police. If so are they hiring over the next year? Is there any special things needed to be a state trooper? Also where can I pick up a job application, can i stop in at any of the stations to get one?

If you're in a local department or county and are hiring could you let me know. I'm starting job hunting a year early so hopefully i can have one lined up for after graduation next year.

Thanks guys!

-Ryan

CSD

Banned
NJSP is in the middle of a hiring freeze till Jan '07 the earliest. Last time I checked an associate's degree is required, they may require a bachelor's degree now as well. That's if you have no military background. Go to njsp.org for more info and to download an application. Good Luck!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Chris is correct NJSP is having a hiring freeze and when they resume hiring they are continuing on their list of candidates that is already in play.

NJSP basic requirements said:
Applicants must be between 21 and 35 years old, a US citizen, and must have a current driver's license. Applicants must possess a college degree or 60 college credits with 2 years of satisfactory employment or military experience.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Federal L.E.O.s get paid the most as a general rule. In NJ all the depts have similar payscales in the same areas. But there is a disparity of some localities versus the state. If you go online you can get all the specific info on pay and dept hiring guidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread