No 3rd At WOT

TXVNM

Established Member
Went out for some spirited driving with some friends last night and 3rd would play nice with high RPM shift (7000), seem like it would lock me out every time. Anything else have this issue? Would the upgraded clutch line help? Any input would be helpfull

Thanks,Gio.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Clutch line and shifter bracket.

Also, when you shift into 3rd at WOT, don't try to man handle the shifter into gear. Literally just push it out of 2nd and then straight up into 3rd.

KalEl370

Established Member

Also, when you shift into 3rd at WOT, don't try to man handle the shifter into gear. Literally just push it out of 2nd and then straight up into 3rd.

This. If you place your open palm on the back of the shifter, push up with little effort and let the spring do most of the work it should go right in. Aftermarket shifters help alot as well.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
This. If you place your open palm on the back of the shifter, push up with little effort and let the spring do most of the work it should go right in. Aftermarket shifters help alot as well.

Ding Ding Ding. Stock shifter , no spring, JHR line and can hit 3rd gear @ 7700 all day.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Have alot of seat time? I am being honest, I had trouble at first. I have since added a barton and I can slam 3rd without a issue.

c_me_pass_u

Established Member

Quick question to you or anyone that sees it...which shifter bracket do you recommend for a stock shifter?and are they hard to install?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Quick question to you or anyone that sees it...which shifter bracket do you recommend for a stock shifter?and are they hard to install?
I have a Barton 2-post bracket. Install took about 30-45 min with a 2-post lift at a buddy's work. Highly recommend installing this way.

But honestly, if you can afford it, I would just upgrade the entire shifter to an MGW.

NickSezz

Established Member

I like the Steeda one and have one on my own car. They give you the option to run two different bushings and the stiff bushing does not increase NVH all that much.

My stock shifter was not too bad to begin with but this will definitely give it a more firm feeling. Other 2011+ cars I have driven have a lot more slop in the stock bushing than mine did. There seems to be an inconsistency with that part.

I installed mine on some ramps and just needed someone to hold the shifter in place form inside the car while I pushed the new bushing on the housing. Then all you have to do is finagle the bracket over the bushing. DO NOT over tighten the bolts or you can and will break the studs.

125oh

Established Member
Same thing happened to me went out one night to race a couple guys . Couldnt hit third three times in a row . Got the barton 2 post and shifter no problems since

Ill_W1N

Established Member
If u know your gonna be ripping on it doing high rpm shifts make sure u pump the clutch right before you make your passes/race or after your burnout. This definitely helps for gear lockout. Also, just go straight up to third dont look for it, its there. Just go strait up with the shifter. I dont run a shifter bracket or short throw and dont have issues, the only time i have gear lockout issues is if i dont pump the clutch after a burnout or before a pass. Pumping it about 12-15 times is usually good.

Last edited:

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
I changed my fluid to super blue and it really help out with 3rd but now 5th is being a little girl...from the past 10 races I wasn't able to go in to 5th because of lockout hopefully if I get a clutch line that would resolves it

Users who are viewing this thread