No Boot!

SonicBlue03

Established Member
Are these things supposed to come with a boot to cover the top when folded down? I've searched this car high and low and cannot seem to find one. Are they only available as aftermarket items?

If my dealer forgot to include it, then it's just one more thing to add to the list of gripes I have about the whole sale.
Keep in mind that I live in Illinois and I purchased the car form a dealer in Virginia, so I was prepared for some B.S.

1. Missing valve stem cap (I just used the one from the spare).

2. 21 miles on odometer instead of the reported 14.

3. Dealer forgot to send the temporary plates with car, so I couldn't drive it for a couple days after delivery. It cost me $10 to insure a car that wasn't legal to drive.

4. It was supposed do be delivered in an enclosed trailer, but it wasn't. Dirty as hell upon arrival. The truck driver took the liberty of washing it for me at a truck wash. :fm: Hopefully some Zaino will take out the swirl marks. :fm: :fm: (Which aren't too bad, but they are visible).

5. I've only had one of my 15-20 phone calls returned, which is about average for some dealers, but c'mon, we're talking about an SVT dealership here.

6. Possibly missing vert boot.

My problem is I'm way too passive, I know I should really be up in arms about this poor service, but I just keep hoping that this will be the end of it. At least I hope so, I'm starting to run low on K-Y. :uh oh:

Also, I'm starting to notice stone chips on the hood and it hurts to see this beautiful blue paint scarred up like this. I'm going to find some touch up paint for the current chips, but does anyone know of a bra that will fit this thing to cut down on future chips? I really don't like how they look, but I only plan on using it for long trips.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Sonic,
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the vert is supposed to come with a boot to cover the top when down. It folds in thirds and was in the trunk when I took delivery (along with a cargo net). Hold that dealers feet to the fire!
Cheers,
Pete

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
definitely supposed to be a boot cover in there, go get em:mj:

(It's a crappy, annoying, ill-fitting boot cover but you deserve one so you can dislike it as much as I dislike mine!)

About the stone chips:shrug: Fill it with Turtle Wax crayon, cover it with an absurd amount of Zaino and watch out for Tandem Gravel Trucks ( State Vehicle of Michigan)

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
(It's a crappy, annoying, ill-fitting boot cover but you deserve one so you can dislike it as much as I dislike mine!)

I second that, no matter what you do the stupid thing won't stay flat and just plain looks cheap. I'll be replacing mine after some exhaust and other more essential items.

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by FX-Man

I second that, no matter what you do the stupid thing won't stay flat and just plain looks cheap. I'll be replacing mine after some exhaust and other more essential items.

I keep mine in the house laying flat. It's fits better that way. MY PROBLEM with the damn boot is that EVERY time I put it on..........................IT FRIGGIN RAINS!!!!!!!!!!!! i can drive around for 3 days with no boot and it never rains. I can wash the car everyday and it doesn't rain until that damn boot is on!!

Ok i feel better now. goodnight.

gary

nsreed

Established Member
RE: Stone chips

I have not been on any long trips yet. Around town only. I am VERY careful not to go on bad roads or follow trucks. Yet I noticed a deep stone chip on the very edge of the hood. Looking closely it seems that the paint and or the hood material is quite soft. In fact all the fiberglass parts on the car are. My car was delivered to the dealer with two small (1/2 inch) yet noticeable to me scratchs in the fender flares. Look like production defects. Both deep enough to be into the white fiberglass material. I plan on using an artist brush and slowly fill them maybe today.

I guess I am kind of disapointed in this. The car gets awesome care. With only on few hundered miles on excellent roads. Hell, I have other collector cars I drive the same roads for years with no trouble. I hate bra's on a car and they do more damage then good. If I had to use this as a daily driver, it would look pretty rough after a year.

I also have very thin paint in the upper corners of the trunk lid on either side of the license plate area and on the front fascia under the hood. Not real noticeable unless you look for them. But still, looks pretty cheezey for what this car is supposed to be. At our big Cruise Night last Friday in Port Huron, Michigan, I met a guy that builds the hood & trunk lids on our Cobras. He came right out and told me they are having some problems with the material. He also showed me fit problems with the air intakes on the hood and how the front of the hood is supposed to match up with the front fsacia evenly. Not overlap as it does now.
Guess we have to live with it.

The only thing missing on my car when I got it was the stupid key for the wheel locks SVT adds. My dealer didn't have a master set but another Ford dealer did. I borrowed it and yanked off the locks and put on the matching lug nuts. Nobody will mess around stealing the wheels on these things. They will take the whole car.
It's been 5 weeks and I am still waiting for Ford to get me the wheel lock key and a new steering wheel. My car was delivered with a chip in the leather wheel.
NSR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread