No Climate Control Power

Andretti

Established Member
So the other day I had part of my center console out of my 2008 GT500 trying to figure out if I had everything I needed to go ahead with my radio swap out. I didnt get far before I realized I didnt have some of the harnesses needed to install my Kenwood head unit, so I reversed course and returned everything back to what it was (plugging all the radio plugs back in)and then everything back together. That was when I noticed that I had no fan operation controls at all, where obviously before it did. I pulled part of the console back out and re-seated the two major plugs that run the lower climate controls (one is just a large black four pronged plug and the second is a 10(?) pronged one with a p.i.t.a. gray 'lever type clip' on it, assuming that was the problem since that one is most definitely a difficult one to re-seat correctly). I turn the car on....and still nothing. Eventually I pulled the center console 'face' completely off (has the climate knobs on the bottom that also goes around the radio and has our reset/info/? buttons on the left and the traction control and two others to the right) to check that I hadn't accidentally bent a pin or something and was able to visually confirm everything is fine and the way its suppose to be. That being said, still no power once back together (so literally, no fan action what-so-ever the position its in, and I do not hear the vents moving or changing configuration when I change the dial on the bottom right) to anything nor illumination, but the radio and all the buttons above it to the left and right of the cigarette lighter still work (cig lighter does too).

I did pull all of the fuses from the panel in the engine bay that had anything do with the center console/radio/and climate control and visually as well as mechanically checked to confirm they were all good (they were). I also did an internet search tool, but never really found anything that proved helpful, so I thought I'd mention it and see if anyone has any advice. I just hate to run it up to do the dealer to find out its a 10 second fix that I'm going to eat $200+ for.

I hate knowing I screwed up something on an otherwise perfect car, so any thoughts or advice is appreciated. Otherwise, its off to the dealer at some point soon I guess.....

****Note**** I also posted this at the fordgt500.com site as well looking for solutions.

Andretti

stang910

Established Member
Maybe you already checked them, but you didn't mention checking the fuses in the passenger kick panel.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
2008 SJB_1.jpg

Scan1.jpg

Scan2.jpg

Andretti

Established Member
Yeah, I checked all the fuses in the passenger kick panel today just to be sure, and then did the ones under the hood as well. I did find one fuse blown that I must have missed before (#64 that powered the second aux power inside the center console) and I did replace it and now it works fine, but obviously it didnt have any effect on the fans not working. I did use pull every fuse and used a tester before replacing all the fuses in both panels, and everyone tested good.

Any other suggestions? I'd appreciate any....I'm definitely scratching my head over this one.

Andretti

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you tried disconnecting the battery? I recall having to do that to reset the blend door temperature in my 2008 F-150 after changing the blend door motor. Some of these electrical gadgets need a reboot. It's worth a shot.

Andretti

Established Member
Have you tried disconnecting the battery? I recall having to do that to reset the blend door temperature in my 2008 F-150 after changing the blend door motor. Some of these electrical gadgets need a reboot. It's worth a shot.

If you mean taking the negative terminal off the post, yes, I did do that. I did read something about 'resetting the ECU(?) by using alligator clips and attaching one to a loose negative terminal and one to the connected (and still attached) positive terminal', but I have not done that. Is that what your suggesting? I agree, about anything is worth a shot at this point. I'm thinking also of pulling some of the relay's too to see if any of them have gone bad somehow, but I havent dont that yet either.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Andretti

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
What your refer to is done to clear out KAM (Keep Alive Memory). It shouldn't be necessary to do that for the re-set.

Andretti

Established Member
Just an update.....I actually tried to go by a local dealer and get it looked at, but they were too busy to look at it that day. So I drove it home again and for what seems like the 20th or more time, I completely pulled everything up to and including the radio, and then reinstalled it. Don't ask me how, but everything works...so I dont know if I had a plug not completely plugged in or what (despite confirming everything was plugged in correctly every other time). So, it works.... /shrug

Users who are viewing this thread