No front Plate

maddrabitt

Established Member
Any of you California LEO's know the penalty for no front plates? I got pulled over by the most insane CHP Ive ever seen and he wrote me up for 75 in a 65 and no front plates. I know its a fix it ticket, but can I just pay a fine for it and not have to drill my bumper? Thanks.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I'd just get a braket on the back of the plate and some strong magnets for now.

I'm serious. Then put it on and show the cop.

maddrabitt

Established Member
Thanks, good to see you have the same attitude as the guy who pulled me over. I asked if anybody knew how much the fine was, not if not having a front plate was illegal. But thanks for taking the time to be an ****

Editted by moderator for content.
Follow the posting guidelines or dont post
Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
maddrabitt said:
Thanks, good to see you have the same attitude as the guy who pulled me over. I asked if anybody knew how much the fine was, not if not having a front plate was illegal. But thanks for taking the time to be an ****

Call the phone number on the ticket and they will gladly tell you how much the fine is!

sharkattack

2003 Cobra Silver
Established Member
I think it's 75 and 10 with proof of correction. get some two-sided tape and find an officer. Cake.

BAMM BAMM

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
Two-sided tape won't work with CHP...........we've seen that a hundred times. Just drill the plate on. It doesn't look THAT bad!

McFly

Pants!
Established Member
I heard that you dont have to have a front plate if the car wasn't built to have one, like no holes for the plate in the bumper. Any truth to that?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
McFly said:
I heard that you dont have to have a front plate if the car wasn't built to have one, like no holes for the plate in the bumper. Any truth to that?

Not True.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
McFly said:
In Nevada, they just passed that law. It doesnt work in CA

FordSVTFan

Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
In Nevada, they just passed that law. It doesnt work in CA

In Nevada they just passed a LAW that says if your car wasnt equipped with a front plate holder you dont need one? But they still require cars equipped with a front plate holder to have a front plate?

Please post a link to that law.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
maddrabitt said:

Again, SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

It has been posted by our CA LEO's how much the penalty is. Im sorry if not everyone is willing to spoon feed the answer to you just because you don't want to do a search on it.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
In Nevada they just passed a LAW that says if your car wasnt equipped with a front plate holder you dont need one? But they still require cars equipped with a front plate holder to have a front plate?

Please post a link to that law.
Front plates are optional only if 1) the vehicle was not designed for a front plate and 2) the manufacturer did not provide an add-on bracket or other means of displaying the front plate.
(NRS 482.275 - 2005 Nevada Legislature Senate Bill 251)
from the DMV

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Front plates are optional only if 1) the vehicle was not designed for a front plate and 2) the manufacturer did not provide an add-on bracket or other means of displaying the front plate.
(NRS 482.275 - 2005 Nevada Legislature Senate Bill 251)

Did you see the word "AND"? Both conditions must be present. The vehicle wasnt designed for a front plate and the MANUFACTURER (not the dealer) did not provide an add on bracket or other means of attacking it.

Users who are viewing this thread