No fuel! (engine conversion)

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Can any one help me out? I have finished my engine conversion from a Saleen Supercharged SOHC to a 03 Supercharged Cobra engine. Eveything is fine until I went to start it... Here is what I have done so far:

1. Swapped engine
2. Changed the PCM
3. Changed wiring harness to PCM
4. Changed Cluster
5. Changed fuel tank with pumps
6. Changed FPDM
7. Turned off PATS

It seems that the fuel pumps are not getting power. I also have a few wires that are not connected on the PCM. The wires from the original PCM harness is a tan/white and a white/orange. The wires from the Cobra wiring harness is a white wire. I ran the dual green and yellow wire to the FPDM like it would be on a cobra.

It would be great if anyone could email me wiring diagrams for a 03 Cobra or add some knowledge on how the fuel sysytem should be wired. :shrug: :bash::smmon::read:

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Make sure that the battery junction box is feeding the ccrm correctly. When you turn the key on, that should send power past the BJB to the CCRM to then turn on the fuel pump relay if I remember correctly. Def. sounds like a relay problem.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Explain a little better how you have it wired. I have the wiring diagrams at a different location, so I might be able to help you out.

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Make sure that the battery junction box is feeding the ccrm correctly. When you turn the key on, that should send power past the BJB to the CCRM to then turn on the fuel pump relay if I remember correctly. Def. sounds like a relay problem.

I will try that because it seems like it is not getting any power to the CCRM and the only reason I know that is because my Saleen fans that are on my intercooler radiator located in the air dam are not coming on like they use to. I have another problem that I have noticed, when I turn the key on the gauges do the test sweep and return back to the orginal postion each and everytime I try to start the engine. Kinda like there is no continuous power supply to the gauge cluster. Might be one of my wires that has no mate to it. This conversion seems to be a headache with all the wiring issues. Everything else is a breeze. :bash: I wish I could get some wiring diagrams for the 03 Cobra side. :read:

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Here is how I had it set up:

I used the 03 PCM and the wiring harness that went forward to the engine harness since the SOHC engine harness did not mate with it, I had two male ends. After I changed the harness I went to plug the connectors in by the PCM (the two gray ones and the one green one).

The Cobra has a black connector instead of a green one. I re-pinned the old green one onto the Cobra harness and found that I had extra wires that are not connected to anything. The small gray connector is good to go. The larger gray connector has a solid white wire, a tan w/white stripe and a green w/yellow stripe wire that do not connect with anything. I depinned the green w/yellow wire since it used to go to the CCRM but I gained two other green w/ yellow stripe wires. I ran them back to the FPDM like they would be on a Cobra. On the green connector I have a white w/pink stripe wire that goes no where.

The larger gray connector that has the solid white wire I found out goes to the inertia switch. I ran a wire from the connector to the inertia switch and a black wire on the other side I ran to ground. On the FPDM that I ran the green w/yellow stripe to I had removed the pink w/ black stripe that ran to the inertia switch.

With all this changing pins and wires I just put it back to original except the connectors by the PCM. So now I'm just stuck with trying to figure out a way to get the fuel pumps to kick on and what to do with these extra wires.

I also noticed that when I turn the key to start the engine my gauges do the test sweep and return to a no power position. So some where there is no continuous power going to the gauge cluster.

This engine conversion is becoming a headache with all these wiring changes. The rest of it was a breeze. :bash::smmon:

If someone has pics of their wiring to the PCM, inertia switch and FPDM it would be much appreciated if you could share.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
As far as the cluster resetting itself everytime, there is one wire I beleive that has to be hot at all times. If its not, it will do that sweep test every time. If you do have it wired correctly, there is a chance you blew the fuse that protects that circuit. ( thats what happened to me.)

As far as the wiring on the fuel pump side, I will need to get my diagrams out to help you on that. I will grab it next time I'm at the shop. (should be tomorrow or tues.)

Last edited:

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Thanks! I appreciate all the help. Can you check and see what wire is suppose to power the cluster in regards to all the other mess that is going on. Once again thanks!

tinosc281

Established Member
help

the cobra harness to pcm has 2 green/yellow wires.you need to fiind the single green/yellow wire in your saleen harness going to the rear.that is your power source for the fuel pump.splice them togheter and your pumps should work.i did the swap in mine 2 years ago.send me your email and i can take some pictures if you can't locate the wires.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
There is 2 plug ins that go to the cluster, C220a and C220b. There is a red/white wire that comes out of C220b that needs to be hot at all times. You need to make sure it is hot all the time, not just when you turn the key. This wire is located in pin location 10 on C220b.

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
There is 2 plug ins that go to the cluster, C220a and C220b. There is a red/white wire that comes out of C220b that needs to be hot at all times. You need to make sure it is hot all the time, not just when you turn the key. This wire is located in pin location 10 on C220b.

Are C220a and b from a Cobra wiring harness? I still have the GT wiring harness so I was looking in the wiring diagram book for the GT and the connector numbers are differant. The connectors that you are talking about though are the ones that plug into the cluster correct? I will check to see if I have power going to pin 10 since it is the same number and wire color that you are talking about.

Thanks for your help! :beer: :read:

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Yes, i was talking about a cobra harness. The colors and pin location should be the same though.

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Yes, i was talking about a cobra harness. The colors and pin location should be the same though.

I will check it this weekend while I'm off work. Were you able to get the diagrams for the connectors next to the PCM? I would just like to check to see that they still go to the same things that the GT harness would go to.

That white white you said to hook up to the blk/wht wire, it is hot when I turn on the key. What does that blk/wht wire suppose to power?

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Pictures of Engine Swap

Here are some pics before the swap.
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Empty engine bay, Time to fill it with more POWER! Still don't understand why the GT/Saleen engine bay was never completely painted like a Cobra. :cuss:

IMG_0018.jpg

Power adder.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Installed and time to tidy up the rest.

IMG_0028.jpg

98% Finished.

IMG_0021-1.jpg

IMG_0018-1.jpg

Pictures of the deleted stuff from the supercharger, Looks cleaner. :rockon:

IMG_0019.jpg