no fuel pressure

SpittinCobra01

Established Member
I have a 2001 cobra with stock fuel system. Yesterday it would not start for the first time ever (bought it new and have 56k on it now). I have no fuel pressure and when I turn the key I do not hear the pump like I used to. Fuse is good. I checked the inertia switch and it has not been triggered. There is a plug between the tank and rear bumper that supplies the pump. Do any of you happen to know which of the 7 pins in this plug should have voltage (and how much), or which pins should I energize to bypass the FPDM to see if it is the pump or the FPDM? My service DVD was stolen with my laptop a few years back so I have no reference for it. thanks guys

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I bet your pump died. I bought mine new too and had the stock pump fail after winter storage 4 years ago with very similar mileage. Try hitting the tank with a rubber mallet a few times. If it fires up after that it's the pump.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Oh and I bought a used pump from a GT to replace it with. I was eaton swapping it a few months later and didn't want to drop the coin on a new pump that I'd be pulling out in a few months. I think I still have the pump somewhere, if you want it I'll give it to you just pay for the shipping.

SpittinCobra01

Established Member
RX1Cobra that is pretty awesome of you to offer, but I pulled some strings and got to try a new FPDM in the car after work. It didn't solve the problem so I returned it and got a pump, dropped the tank tonight and will be changing the pump and trying it out tomorrow. I will keep you posted

Users who are viewing this thread