No Fuel Pressure

BlkVnm512

Smitty's is better
Established Member
It's a stock motor, 2007 Mustang GT 3V, with a Procharger, 10lbs. It has the 3 guage's (Boost, A/F and Fuel Pressure) and the car will not start now. It was starting earlier, but it sounded like an unhealthy lawn mower i guess you could say. When I pushed the gas, it would die. and the Fuel was at 10psi then.
Now, It won't turn on. It will crank, fuel pressure goes to like 2psi. The fuses are good, and I can hear the fuel pumps turn on.

Any idea's what it could be?

-Ryan

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
You might have a restriction in the fuel line. You can pull the line before the FPR, put it in a jug, and turn the key on to see if the pumps are actually pumping fuel to the rail.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
You might have a restriction in the fuel line. You can pull the line before the FPR, put it in a jug, and turn the key on to see if the pumps are actually pumping fuel to the rail.

Correct.

You only need to turn the key to the on position, not try and start the car.

I don't know if S197s have in-line fuel filters, but if they do, you can disconnect the line before the fuel filter and try it, and then do it after the fuel filter and try it. If gas pumps before the fuel filter, but not after, the filter is clogged/restricting.

If no gas pumps before the fuel filter, you either have a dead/dying fuel pump or a restriction closer to the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread