no longer a VIRgin

04V8Mustang

Established Member
Completed a 10-year goal of building a car for road course fun. This is a short video of my '96 Cobra that I resurrected running at VIR. Speeds in two places are right at 115. Much more in the car once I get used to the track (never been there) and car (had only driven it about 500 miles prior to this run.) Car is mostly stock with 140K on it (will need a short block soon - knock at start up).

The timing of the audio does not exactly match the vid (much like the old kung-fu movies.) I had to convert from DVD to avi and I had to use two different software programs (both free, hence the text in the middle of the screen... it does go away.)

Thanks to this site and all here that helped get this car going. Thanks also to Anthony Dial and his brake cooling kit.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orvzQfvXrFo"]YouTube - ‪Cobra Utube VIR 0001‬‏[/nomedia]

TVLA147

Established Member
Thats cool man, I just got back from VIR and visiting Virginia Tech... Since your in Raleigh, how is the car scene down there. Around Virginia Tech and VIR it seemed kind of dull, but when I was in Charlotte the car scene was hopping. Any insight would be great. thanks!

04V8Mustang

Established Member
Car scene is ok here but I have been out of it for a while. There used to be a few Mustang clubs here and there are a few performance shops. Nothing like Charlotte though, that area is incredible in part due to NASCAR.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Congrats. Nice line for a first timer. Great vid of Grand, I have run every configuration except the two Grand setups.

-Kevin

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
Very cool video! The car sounds great too! Do you know what cameras were used? The reason I ask is because when I mount my Gopro on the exterior of the car I get a lot of wind noise and the motor/exhaust sound gets drowned out. I think I'll need to use the water sealed backing plate at my next event and try it out.

Also, did you put the 2nd video angle yourself when you edited the video or was it there when you purchased the DVD? I'd like to try this one day!

04V8Mustang

Established Member
I think they were Gopro. I wanted the windshield view but not the wind noise so the guy that produced the DVD used another Gopro and mounted that where the license plate goes. He removed the sound from front camera and used rear camera sound. I have no earthly idea how that is done and the sound is correctly timed on the DVD but my conversion screwed it up. Very well worth the time/effort if you can do that. I can't stand wind noise.

Users who are viewing this thread