No more left lane hogs!

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
In the news today:

Everyone has been in that situation where you can see the open road -- just ahead of the guy going 45 mph in the left lane, who refuses to change lanes. Some states consider this to be unsafe driving and are taking action. In Colorado and Florida, cops are starting to fine these drivers for "failure to yield" because it's unsafe and causes traffic. :banana:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
TXRDRNR said:
In the news today:

Everyone has been in that situation where you can see the open road -- just ahead of the guy going 45 mph in the left lane, who refuses to change lanes. Some states consider this to be unsafe driving and are taking action. In Colorado and Florida, cops are starting to fine these drivers for "failure to yield" because it's unsafe and causes traffic. :banana:

Thank God! Its a miracle! I hate these people!

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I hate them two....I mean come on going below the speed limit in the fast lane? :poke:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
Its been a law for a long time here in la, but they just dont enforce it. People need to understand its a F*N passing lane. If you are not passing no one get the **** out.. They do piss me off, especially in my daily driver 4banger S10. For me to let off the gas and slow down it takes me 10 minutes to get back to my cruising speed.

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
Of course, this will make it easier to spot the speeders too! Texas is bad for left lane hogs, they just sit in it on their cell phones! No, I do not talk on my cell phone while driving, it interferes with my shifting! :thumbsup:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'll ride their ass if I'm not a a big hurry. Even when they try the ol super slow down trick, I just put my flashers on in case someone else zooms up.

svl77

SVT Poster
Established Member
Police enforcement will not stop the problem...it's too prevalent. I drive the Chicago expressways every day and it never ceases to amaze me how many people refuse to move out of the left lane so that another, faster moving car, can safely pass. In fact, I always give the "lane camper" ample time to move over, then give them a quick flash of the lights to let them know I am there and want to pass but they just continue to camp. It is incredible how many of these people don't move- then give me the middle finger salute after I pass them and cut back into their lane- as if I am the one doing something wrong.

States need to start stressing this more in the driver's ed programs and license renewal exams.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
mjzilinski said:
I wish Mi police would do something, its horrible around here.

The further up North you get, the better it gets. People down here are just retarded when they drive...

merfsiu

Established Member
Down here in FL the right lane has become the passing lane. Every time I'm on US1 there will be 20 people in the left lane and 0 in the right. Even this morning i was behind a cop that was in the left lane for the entire trip from sebastian to vero.

They should start selling cars that drive for you, for these people. they are too busy doing their makeup, talking on cell phones and stuffing their faces to bother paying attention to their surroundings.

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
merfsiu said:
Down here in FL the right lane has become the passing lane. Every time I'm on US1 there will be 20 people in the left lane and 0 in the right. Even this morning i was behind a cop that was in the left lane for the entire trip from sebastian to vero.

They should start selling cars that drive for you, for these people. they are too busy doing their makeup, talking on cell phones and stuffing their faces to bother paying attention to their surroundings.

People NEVER pay attention when driving. Even i just "zone out" for hours on end when i am driving. All of a sudden half way through my trip, something will click, and ill go, "Wow, i already drove 100 miles?!?!?". Its kinda weird....

Of course i am the same guy that plays forza, watches the pistons game, and talks to my GF at the same time. God only knows how thats possible :D

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
svl77 said:
Police enforcement will not stop the problem...it's too prevalent. I drive the Chicago expressways every day and it never ceases to amaze me how many people refuse to move out of the left lane so that another, faster moving car, can safely pass. In fact, I always give the "lane camper" ample time to move over, then give them a quick flash of the lights to let them know I am there and want to pass but they just continue to camp. It is incredible how many of these people don't move- then give me the middle finger salute after I pass them and cut back into their lane- as if I am the one doing something wrong.

States need to start stressing this more in the driver's ed programs and license renewal exams.

I agree that enforcement will not stop the problem, but I just really enjoy the ideal of someone getting a ticket for basically driving too slow, you know since most of us get them for the opposite problem! I will be LMAO if I ever see this happen, but I know better then to hold my breath over it!

YouDontKnowMe

¿what?
Established Member
merfsiu said:

I'm 1 county above and its just as bad here, mostly on I-95 tho, those people just wont move from the left lane :shrug:

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I usually drive in the right lane, because the left is always clogged up by idiots. It's too bad I didn't get the missile launcher option on my Mustang. I'd blow all of those fuggers off the road.

BittenInBama

Established Member
I hate to admit it; but my dad is one of the worst at this. He drives 5 mph over the speed limit in the left lane and if someone comes up behind him, "They can go around, I'm already doing over the limit"
I keep telling him that the signs in Alabama say "SLOWER Traffic Keep Right" not "Slower than Speed Limit Traffic Keep Right"

Users who are viewing this thread