No more Nike’s

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe Nike is hoping for Chick-fil-a boycott numbers.

You aren't hurting a company by destroying things you have already paid for.

I have such a hard time finding shoes that fit and are comfortable that I'm not going to pass on a pair of Nikes if they make the cut.

Kap should thank the president for all the attention he brings to his cause. If it wasn't for Trump this wouldn't even be talked about.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
interesting..

athletes who have been accused of rec drugs, steroids, assault, robbery, rape and even murder have gotten endorsements from major companies before and pretty much no one cares.

So wait, you are comparing doping and illicit drug use to being a communist? WTF.

As for Rape and Murder;

I’m guessing you are talking Kobe, Tyson and that pos Ray Lewis.

Kobe was acquitted #metoo #criedrapefor$ #fakenews

Tyson was convicted #bullshit #setup and never professionally nor personally recovered

Ray Lewis was acquitted #bullshit #thanksbaltimore and never received the endorsements a player of his caliber would normally expect. I believe he kept a pretty low profile after all that finally blew over.

Everyone else typically lost their endorsements or had contractions obligations (Derick Rose) and just got moved out of the lime light.

Nike is intentionally diving headfirst into controversy and I’m sure is loving every minute.

The boycott won’t do squat as Nike’s hype wagon, sneaker headed, hype-beast, street fashion horde are all SJW types anyways.

What this does however is open the doors for smaller brands like Under Armor to make a big anti-Nike pro-America splash.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I never fell for the bullshit Nike "Air" con job back when I was a kid and its crap was being passed off as high priced quality.

There are just things you do not do if you are a supposed intelligent and decent person. Acting like a schmuck and taking your anger out on the wrong people, rather than your brothers, is what I'd expect a child to do.

Gravik

Established Member
Wtf. Comment section is full of this
021ab26a540a96b8c081cf9d2da54faa.jpg
336ac21d077ee325318d8e7a18b6a2db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
They will have this as an object lesson in how to **** up your brand in business school. DO NOT piss off half of your customer base.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
What this does however is open the doors for smaller brands like Under Armor to make a big anti-Nike pro-America splash.

Nike is the 800lb Gorilla in the room when it comes to sports apparel, shoes etc.. and will be for the foreseeable future. However Under Armour and Adidas have been chipping away at Nike's market share for awhile now.

Coiled03

Established Member
Wtf. Comment section is full of this
View attachment 1513463View attachment 1513464

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Does that surprise you? It shouldn't.

There's a fundamental disagreement about whether or not Kapernick's cause is just. The numbers show it's not. There's not a single statistic to support his cause. Unfortunately, most people identify with what they WANT to be true, instead of what IS true.

1996slowbra

Established Member
They will have this as an object lesson in how to **** up your brand in business school. DO NOT piss off half of your customer base.

They are making a bet that this will be a net positive on sales for them. Dont look at this as a political move on their part insomuch as a business move, they believe that the people buying their product would react positively to this ad campaign and increase sales and that would offset any loss in sales from people boycotting their business.

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Nike is the 800lb Gorilla in the room when it comes to sports apparel, shoes etc.. and will be for the foreseeable future. However Under Armour and Adidas have been chipping away at Nike's market share for awhile now.

Which is why the boycott won’t do anything.

Adidas has struggled to sign popular athletes and make a strong marketing presence out side of Eastern Europe.

UA is a fast growing brand and I can see them using this to their advantage. Problem is, most of UAs shoes and clothes are ugly or just a Nike knock off.

Nike really hit the jackpot with Micheal Jordan.

Users who are viewing this thread