No more rubber!

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The only rubber in my car is in the weather stripping, trans support, and tires. I finally got around to installing delrin bushings in the rear along with delrin diff support and aluminum front diff bushings. The uppers are Bruce's and the lowers I think are the older style Max Motorsports, I'm not sure, I bought them off here about 5 years ago! The install isn't that bad, just time consuming, you have to take the whole rear end apart. I HIGHLY recommend doing the subframe, control arms, and diff at the same time. I did not. I did the subframe years ago and previously did the diff with poly. The rest of my suspension mods are coil overs, flsc, rear shock tower brace, tubular front a arms with poly bushings, front bump steer, al steering rack bushings, x2 ball joints, poly sway bar bushings, solid rear end links, poly front end links with billet supports, cc plates, and I think that is it.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Yeah I haven't used a rubber in years, it's so much better when you take the rubber off

The suspension that is!!! Lol

jacker1991

Established Member
Lols!

I am saving some cash to do the whole rear end at once, will be going with FTBR stuff of course.

Mike out!

shurur

Established Member
Good for You!!!!!!

Mine got done in 2007.

This summer I'm doing MM solid AL diffy mounts, which I've had NIB since 2007.

I Still want solid rear toebar/bumpsteer and solid steering shaft.

If you ever need a differential or change gears, look into the Detroit true trak, it tweaks the IRS up a notch.

Enjoy!!...CO too!!...Nice

EDIT: AND the BB/stroker!!!..very nice!!

Last edited:

Rotzs99

Established Member
Just put in MM front swaybar bushings and MM front endlinks. I have some steering rack bushings waiting to go in. I'm loving the lack of rubber in the front and can't wait until I move to the back.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a set of control arm bushings sitting in the trunk waiting to go in. I'm waiting to get the FTBR toe links and the rest of the stuff to swap in my Level 5's. Then I think my IRS will be done.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The toe links and half shafts are easy to get to, but I can see why you'd wait. I still want to get the toe links, some 03 shafts, and a Torsen diff. Then my rear will be done. Oh, and the spherical bushings on the spindle. Mine look like crap.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I want to replace the hub bearings and cross axis joints while I have everything apart. With over 100k on the parts I want to replace them before things fail.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

shurur

Established Member
I want to replace the hub bearings and cross axis joints while I have everything apart. With over 100k on the parts I want to replace them before things fail.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

yah...those two items are a wait and see item for me....

shurur

Established Member
The toe links and half shafts are easy to get to, but I can see why you'd wait. I still want to get the toe links, some 03 shafts, and a Torsen diff. Then my rear will be done. Oh, and the spherical bushings on the spindle. Mine look like crap.

From what I understand there are two Torsens that sit either side of the Detroit in terms of ratios. Torsen 2:1, Detroit 3:1 and Torsen 4:1..1/3, 1/4 and 1/5. The Torsen 4:1 is the best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread