No Offroad Warranty***

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
That's my point Willie, that's the whole reason why I went on here and posted what I did. If anybody wants to buy this truck, or has one, if they think about bringing it in for warranty work, they need to be aware of the fact that its no different than your normal F1-150. Say you never saw dirt in your life LOL

From the story you are describing it sounds like a Ford tech determined it was a freak cut in the tire and not a faulty tire. Ford/svt is not voiding the entire truck warranty, they are just not getting you a new tire because it was cut while driving or in general use.

Just as I could not say my tire was at fault or poorly constructed when a rock put a 4 inch slash completely through the tread which only had 20k miles on it.

jesse101

Established Member
Well no, the tire warranty is something totally different and the tire is covered...however,

When I asked about my tranny, they tried using the same clause on my entire truck!

Its warranty is no different than a normal F150.

So, if you want to see if hill decent control works properly, or offroad mode, or if your rear locker can be engaged at speeds greater than 45mph, you need to say it was all done onroad, cause their theory is that in offroad conditions, you may have encountered damage that can't be seen externally or whatever.

Basically, I need to find a dealership that will understand what this truck was designed for, which is rare to find, and actually knows what they are doing. Or else, it will be paid for out of my own pocket.

Ford or SVT cannot back you at a dealership if they say you have been offroading...ever. Cause they aren't there to make the determination, so it all depends on the dealership...and what will the service department determine? So far 3 dealerships have said, they will hold you accountable if u have been offroading, even Ford agreed, and SVT said they are looking into a solution by possibly coming up with a bulletin of some sort to all dealerships so they can get an understanding...

But as of right now, you are best to say it happened onroad regardless, or else you may be at fault. Scary thin line if you ask me!

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
he then answered "we do an analysis" basically, they determine how you broke said part...which if you WERE in fact offroading, they take that into account, and can and will be held against you.

I know you're pissed off and all, but what he said doesn't mean if you are offroading and you break a shock, its automatically not warrantied... It means, if you are offroading, and the see that you took a 30 foot jump and blew out your shock, you're on the hook for it.. Seems pretty straight forward, I mean if I'm on the trails, and I bend a wheel, should they cover it? No. It's the price you pay to go play..

what did i purchase a ford focus or an SVT? sure as hell dont feel like i purchased an SVT vehicle, hell my Lariat was treated better Lmao

That's a dealership problem then... I know when I bring my SVT vehicles into my dealership I'm treated like a big shot, and they take care of my vehicles, and cut me breaks left right and centre..

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I know you're pissed off and all, but what he said doesn't mean if you are offroading and you break a shock, its automatically not warrantied... It means, if you are offroading, and the see that you took a 30 foot jump and blew out your shock, you're on the hook for it.. Seems pretty straight forward, I mean if I'm on the trails, and I bend a wheel, should they cover it? No. It's the price you pay to go play..

That's a dealership problem then... I know when I bring my SVT vehicles into my dealership I'm treated like a big shot, and they take care of my vehicles, and cut me breaks left right and centre..

I think that sums it up pretty well.

gwilliamsjr

Alright well I am new to this thread so I certainly don't want to start out on a negative note but.........Anyone that competes in desert racing or is familiar with off-roading in general will tell you that based upon that pictures that tire did not fail. You spun the tire on something sharp, bottom line, that's just the nature of the beast and you cannot expect BFG or Ford to pay for your fun. So if I was prerunning for the Baja 1000, overshot a corner and dropped off a cliff, and all 4 corners were blown out, should I be angry becuase Ford,BFG, or Fox didn't stand by their warranty ? come on. We praise Ford for taking such a bold step to build this truck, but we wonder why other companies and/or Ford very rarely produces such out of the box vehicles. They are all car guys just like us, but nobody wants to deal with these types of issues that could cause a negative impact on their brand.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Alright well I am new to this thread so I certainly don't want to start out on a negative note but.........Anyone that competes in desert racing or is familiar with off-roading in general will tell you that based upon that pictures that tire did not fail. You spun the tire on something sharp, bottom line, that's just the nature of the beast and you cannot expect BFG or Ford to pay for your fun. So if I was prerunning for the Baja 1000, overshot a corner and dropped off a cliff, and all 4 corners were blown out, should I be angry becuase Ford,BFG, or Fox didn't stand by their warranty ? come on. We praise Ford for taking such a bold step to build this truck, but we wonder why other companies and/or Ford very rarely produces such out of the box vehicles. They are all car guys just like us, but nobody wants to deal with these types of issues that could cause a negative impact on their brand.

Welcome to SVTP:beer:

I think we have the same feeling on this situation.

jesse101

Established Member
I understand what you guys are saying, however, what they told me was not even close to what you guys are explaining.

The first service manager saw a small amount of dirt under my wheel wells and said I was at fault for anything related to the truck, he didn't even want to hear my side of the story.

I had to go through 3 dealerships till I finally found ONE that knew what this truck is.

The first dealership didn't even know what the truck was, he thought I did all the mods myself LOL

I just don't think SVT covered their grounds within Ford prior to releasing this truck. Ford and SVT understands the situation, I just hope the complications I had with so many different dealerships doesn't happen to others. This has nothing to really do with the tires, its the way the dealerships are reacting to this truck is the problem. I'm not even sure if SVT or ford could really address this issue, maybe its just the nature of the beast owning this make and model vehicle, whatever it is, like I said, I hope people are not being held liable for things they shouldn't.

I was just upset how I was treated more so than the situation, sucks that it happened the way it did, but I shouldn't have gotten that worked up about the situation, so my apologies for being such a jerk about the whole ordeal. Just sucks that you got such high hopes for a vehicle you waited a while for, and the dealerships treat you like shit or shun you from hello. I guess my area sucks for any type of support for this truck.

Last edited:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I understand what you guys are saying, however, what they told me was not even close to what you guys are explaining.

The first service manager saw a small amount of dirt under my wheel wells and said I was at fault for anything related to the truck, he didn't even want to hear my side of the story.

I had to go through 3 dealerships till I finally found ONE that knew what this truck is.

The first dealership didn't even know what the truck was, he thought I did all the mods myself LOL

I just don't think SVT covered their grounds within Ford prior to releasing this truck. Ford and SVT understands the situation, I just hope the complications I had with so many different dealerships doesn't happen to others. This has nothing to really do with the tires, its the way the dealerships are reacting to this truck is the problem. I'm not even sure if SVT or ford could really address this issue, maybe its just the nature of the beast owning this make and model vehicle, whatever it is, like I said, I hope people are not being held liable for things they shouldn't.

I was just upset how I was treated more so than the situation, sucks that it happened the way it did, but I shouldn't have gotten that worked up about the situation, so my apologies for being such a jerk about the whole ordeal. Just sucks that you got such high hopes for a vehicle you waited a while for, and the dealerships treat you like shit or shun you from hello. I guess my area sucks for any type of support for this truck.
Then you have a DEALERSHIP problem.. The first dealership you brought it to probably talked with SVT about it, and gave them some BS line about how they thought your tire was damaged. So who knows what they said? Just remember, dealerships get paid by Ford for warranty repair, so generally it isn't in the dealership's best interest to turn away warranty work, unless it is for something they know will raise eyebrows at HO.. Ya know what I mean?

I know in Canada, there are still "SVT dealerships", but it the US now, basically any Ford dealership can sell SVT vehicles right? So you are going to get some shitty dealerships that have no idea what the truck is, etc etc.. Look around in your area for a dealership that used to be an SVT dealership and you may get better service?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I can't see the pictures but sounds like a case of bad luck. My Kumhos on the Jeep have over 30k miles on them and lots of hours of offroading in crazy rocks and I've got no more than a small cut in the sidewall. I've had them flexing on all sorts of rocks with no issues like this. I'd say you either hit a random rock that happened to be sharp as hell, or your tire wasn't built right. I don't think rubber should be peeling off like you say it is.

AZ Rocky

Established Member
For the Record, your dealer, as discribed by you, is an a$$-clown for giving you grief over a $200 tire.

On the other hand; taking a Raptor "to the limit" off-road is just like taking a Lighting or Mustang to the track or drag strip:burnout:: Lots of fun, but you are officialy on your own dime if bad things happen! Just because a bunch of Ford test-drivers and car-mag guys are pushing the envelope on YouTube don't mean you should try it. I spent many years, and have had extencive training, operating military Hummers. If you have never driven or been around a HMMWV, they are bad to the bone, tough trucks, but My Grandma could break one because she has no clue how to operate it correctly! The Raptor appears to have the potential to be just as good as the H1 off road, (and that's saying a lot). If that's true, the guy behind the wheel is the weak-link and the true cause of almost all breaks and bad times.:cryying:

jesse101

Established Member
AZ Rocky, thats my point, im not exactly new to much of anything, been around for a while and have had other vehicles and have done a LOT less...and for a BFG A tire rip apart like this? made absolutely no sense to me.

I had all terrains before, and i will say they are an awesome set of tires, but not once has this happened to me...

and yes i agree, the dealership and 2 other dealerships were total *** clowns, was a terrible experience, but i also questioned how Ford would start covering this truck...

thats any auto manufacturer though, they would sell their own mother on youtube to sell a car lol

AZ Rocky

Established Member
I have had pretty good luck with Ford and the dealers I have bought them from over the years. I broke a leaf-spring on my 2009 Ranger Sport 4x4 and they fixed it, no problem. You don’t break a spring driving on the highway, however, I can truthfully say I never did anything over the top with that truck, but there is no way I could prove it! Speaking of that, when it comes right down to it, they have to prove you were at fault (vs. you proving you are not at fault). That's how it works with warrantees!!

If I were you I'd take my truck to the "@$$ clowns" for a routine oil change, and rip them a new one on the Customer Service Survey. The surveys are pretty important to their standing with Ford. Then, when you want to buy a new car or spend any real money, go to a dealer that's squared away.

Anyway, I recently found out first-hand that all dealers are not as good as the ones I have dealt with in the past. I'm buying my Raptor through Military Sales (ordered it when I was overseas last month). I could have it delivered to any dealership I wanted. The first one I went to when I got back literally ran me out the door because they are not going to make much money on the sale. They wouldn't even think about taking my '09 Ranger off my hands.

The next one I went to (Sanderson Ford in Glendale, AZ) treated me like a life-long customer, gave me top $$ for the Ranger, and made sure I felt very good about working with them! Sanderson is over 20 miles from my house and I have to pass two other Ford dealers to get to them, but it seems like it’s going to be worth it.

This will be my third SVT truck (’93 Lighting, ’99 Lightning and now the Raptor). Both of the L’s were great trucks. I sold the ’93 with 190K and it still ran great! My son took over the ’99 a few months ago, and it drives and looks like new with 90K on it. Both trucks served as daily drivers, tow vehicles for my boat, coast to coast moving trucks, and, of course, occasional dragsters. The ’93 broke a rear dif once and had a few other issues that had to be dealt with (including complete engine re-build at 140K due to an oil pump failure), but nothing before it hit well over 100K. The ’99 has had nothing except normal spark plugs, tires, shocks, and breaks replaced. If the Raptor is as good as the past STV trucks, we are not going to be disappointed!:beer:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
The next one I went to (Sanderson Ford in Glendale, AZ) treated me like a life-long customer, gave me top $$ for the Ranger, and made sure I felt very good about working with them! Sanderson is over 20 miles from my house and I have to pass two other Ford dealers to get to them, but it seems like it’s going to be worth it.

That's good to hear.. Sounds a lot like my Ford Dealership (Keystone Ford in Winnipeg, MB :D). Every single other Ford dealership in the city is closer to me, but these guys are that much better than anyone else bar none.

Users who are viewing this thread