no oil on dip stick

CFRADAM

1 bad 03
Established Member
I bought an 03 cobra a few weeks back that had a new long block that ford put in.I checked the oil yesterday and it looked normal on the dip stick.so I started the oil change by draining the oil pan and it seemed to be an endless stream of oil, darn near filled my catch can.so I get everything done and I added 6 quarts of oil started the motor for about a minute and then checked the level.there was nothing on the stick at all.I cross refrenced the dip stick to make sure it was the right one,and it is.so I checked to make sure that the dip stick tube was seated fully in the block and still no problem.anyone have any thoughts on whats going on? any help would be great

Adam

CFRADAM

1 bad 03
Established Member
sorry about the wrong forum.can a mod move this for me? what can you expect from a noob.

yes I'm sure that there is nothing on the stick.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
hrmm..check and make sure theres no oil leaking..

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
lol. This is funny.

Like the other guys said...check to make sure no oil leaks, if not, add a little more oil and read it again. Oil's got to be going somewhere lol.

uofipilot

Established Member
Check to make sure there isnt a deep oil pan on it. Perhaps the motor that was put in needs more that 6 quarts......

Users who are viewing this thread