No Start Sho

Twisted99

Established Member
Well ...I have good fuel pressure, No spark. I tested the Ignition module and pin#12 shows abot .5 volts. should be between 4-7 volts. Says ICM bad..is this a bad module?

Yes the plug wells have oil in them.
I pulled the codes and it gives 111..system pass.

help:cuss:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
More than likely...what year SHO do you have?? You should be able to take it to your local auto parts store and have them test it also.

Twisted99

Established Member
It's a 95. 5 speed. 162000 miles and never the 60000 mile service. Runs strong when it runs. Replaced a clutch and plugs and wires about 65000. New inboard fan motor last year and Cam sensor. I love the car. It will not keep up with the Lightning how ever. Thanks Crank sensor still good ..holding my breath on that one....

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'd also check to make sure the ICM is grounded, and has enough silicone on the back of it. That can cause it to throw the code to, IIRC...and man 162k no 60k? I had to see your cam lobes!!!

Twisted99

Established Member
new module did not solve the no start....Why would the old one test bad...but the new one not help?
Timing belt is intact...yes it is the original belt..I inspected it last year.....

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
uh original belt with 162k????????? that thing has got to be stretched out!!! Sure you don't have any codes??? when it cranks does the tach move?? You might also try the topica list...very knowledgable sho guys, or shoforum.com

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Very common. IIRC codes should have given you PIP Failure or something along those lines, don't remember the code #

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Did the plugs & wires on my moms 94 ATX. Started out just being plugs/wires, but when 5 of the 6 plug wells were filled with oil I knew what needed done. As for the VC Gaskets. Best bet is AZ or Advance.....they will have to order them of course, and the pn isn't in the puter have to go to the book IIRC.

Originally posted by Twisted99
I did it myself. Next is the plugs,wires and plug seals..valve cover gaskets and the shim thing...

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
my brothers wouldnt start after he put im a new starter .... turs out that one wire was grounded

he also needs a new cps:(

Users who are viewing this thread