No start

94blacksnake

Established Member
Ok guys, hope you can help me out here. I got in my car to go to work yesterday morning and the car would not even try to start. I wound up having to take my fiance's car to work. Here is what I am currently doing, I have battery hooked up to charger as the power got kind of low, checked the inertia switch. Reset it just to make sure. Here is what it is doing, press the clutch in and turn the key, there is no sound coming from the fuel pump and will not try to even turn over. The chiming it normally makes when you try to turn it over sounds all garbled and makes some weird noises. Have not had any previous issues with this as I have had the car for about 3 years. Any ideas or can someone point me in the right direction. Checked fuses and the only one blown was the maxi fuse for the thermactor.

MustangMatt77

Established Member
Dead battery?
How old is it?
Have your alt. & battery checked at the parts store, they can put a load on both to simulate being in the car.

94blacksnake

Established Member
Do not hear a click, voltage on battery when hooked to charger was 12.8. took charger off and checked again and voltage dropped to 12.5. Going to take battery to WM now and get it checked. will probably have to get another battery. I was out of work for a month so I really did not need this right now. Won't get paid for another week but at least I am back at work. Also when I disconnected the charger this last time I have no power at all for anything including the radio or clock.

Last edited:

MustangMatt77

Established Member
When you get the new batt, take it to get the alt checked just to rule out a bad alternator. Should be no cost at autozone and they can do with it in the car.

94blacksnake

Established Member
Well, I am running again. Had the battery checked out, read 12.7 v but only 400 cranking amps. Got a new battery and we are running again. Connected my DMM and I am getting 14.4 volts at the battery so alternator is working but may go ahead and run to advance anyways. Thanks for all the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread