No video

david3707

Established Member
I have a double din that was installed my the old owner. But when i try to play videos off my ipod or with a dvd It says viewing from front is prohibited and then plays it but with no picture just sound. Can anyone tell me my it dose this and iv tried it with the e-brake on and still nothing.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
There is a "safety" wire on the back of the radio that coonnects to your parking brake wiring so you can only view video while parked. I believe if you just connect the wire to ground, all will work.

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
There is a "safety" wire on the back of the radio that coonnects to your parking brake wiring so you can only view video while parked. I believe if you just connect the wire to ground, all will work.

what he said. i think the wire is light greenish. but not 100% sure

scorched

Established Member
what brand is the double din? some brands allow a straight ground. others need ground off then on to work, and some you can bypass in menu options. and some (although few) are a different color then the light green

david3707

Established Member
thanks for all the help its a pioneer idk the model. Ill look tomarrow to see if theres a light green wire.

scorched

Established Member
with pioneer the wire is light green. you need to tell us the model. pioneer is one of those crazy brands. some of their older models need to toggle ground on and off to the parking brake wire. some of the newer ones can be made to work constantly, just a little more of a pain

i remember some of the models involved pulling the mute wire (yellow black) out of the harness, and flipping it into the empty spot across from it and grounding it along with the light green wire. although i think that was on the d3 and the z2, and possibly z3, i cant remember, been a little over a year since i installed last

AVIC411.com

this site helps alot with pioneer, if you cant find it, ask

lemme know if i can help
scorch

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread