Noise and issues when turning left only it seems

drh_5.0

Established Member
I started having this grinding or rubbing sound which I THINK is coming from right front tire when I take a sharp left at speed. Best example is when I go around a rotatory without slowing down to less than 20 mph-ish. I'm really not positive if it is even suspension related. There is a TINY shimmy in the steering wheel going straight but car feels pretty solid otherwise.

I recently just added new wheel/tires (same size in front/bigger in back) and upgraded to brembo front brakes. Can't recall it being there before then but I also never really went around any rotaries until after they were installed anyway. I don't see any weird wheel or tire wear, or anything hitting the fender wall. Also thinking maybe a wheel bearing issue?

Another thing is within the past year or 2 I installed a Roush TVS so I figure added weight to the front end could definitely do some wear and tear...the front seems to sit about 1/4"-1/2" lower than it did without it.

I wanted other people's opinion on things I should check or try

Last edited:

drh_5.0

Established Member
*UPDATE*

-Took off fender wall for the hell of it, noise still there.
- tried the "shake test" for wheel bearing play, nothing.
-Don't see any wear on visible bushings
-Can't get anything to really have any play.

I'm really stumped! :(

rsb213

Established Member
I have that issue with the right rear, which is extremely common from what ive seen. Turning left and braking. Id double check its the front.

drh_5.0

Established Member
Well I have taken off both right front and rear tires and fender walls, I see no rubbing on the tires/fender anywhere.

Brought it an alignment shop yesterday...which was kind of a joke they both took it for a ride and literally only spent 5-10 minutes underneath the front end. Said wheel bearings and all suspension parts looked good... idk how you would know with only that little amount of time. Said thinks my driveshaft is messed up...I literally just had that replaced along with a new UCA and the entire rear differential rebuilt within a month ago (The noise was there prior to differential rebuild)

I don't see how the "3 1 pc driveshaft could cause any rubbing/grinding noise when turning left ONLY. I do get a nasty vibration at highway speeds in the steering wheel now, but with my experience any driveshaft issues causes the entire car to shake.

Seems to be getting progressively worse. Started to feel the car sway when I got on it and went around someone on the highway. What about 1 of the 2 engine mounts or the transmission mount being worn? Strut mounts? I don't know any real life experiences of these things going, and if anyone has any experience with any of my symptoms help is greatly appreciated. :(

Users who are viewing this thread