Noise From Clutch While Cruising?

Matt M PA

Established Member
Hi guys..I have been noticing since the weather has gotten better that I have a noise that almost sounds like a cross between a metallic whistling and crickets while cruising.

It does not always do it, but when it does, very slight pressure on the clutch pedal makes it go away.

I seem to remember that I did the pull the pedal up and then depress it to adjust it and that it went away for a bit..but that does not work anymore.

Any ideas? It has to go to the dealer for something else anyway...so maybe it can get fixed.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
tob is probably wasted.....mine did the same thing. I just had a new DFX installed this week. My TOB was in pretty bad shape.

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
I can't say mine is making the same noise yours is but it certainly is making a noise.

sometimes it goes away and then comes back, it still sometimes works to lift up the pedal and push back down.

I wonder how long I have before I start smelling clutch burning?
what is a good general sound or noise or smell to look out for before the TOB is completely gone?
and is there a chance that if I wait too long to replace the TOB I could hurt my tranny?

Matt M PA

Established Member
According to my SVT Tech, it's not something that will cause failure or problems....but should be fixed.

There is a TSB on these, and a redesigned TOB. Mine is under warranty and will be fixednext week.

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
yea I just went passed my factory warranty but I do have a 5 year extended warranty but I am not sure if it covers TOB or clutch

FastPhilly

SVT Cobra
Established Member
Same situation here. Kinda high pitched chirping and goes away with slight pressure on clutch pedal. Going to dealer tomorrow for recall, possible bad halfshaft, and that stinkin chirping. :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread