Noise while driving after isntalling Lowering Kit

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
I installed my lowering kit as most know...3/4 Belltech...i took it on a little trip, BTW it looks good, rides like stock, and handles DAMN GOOD!...

My question is there is like a click that goes up and down with my speed...It seems to be coming from the Drivers rear side...It starts at about 5 mile and hour and it gets faster as i go up an speed, and slower as i go down... Sounds almost like there is somethings tuck in my tire but i checked and there is not anything there...Tires are brand new and they are all inflated to the proper psi...SO what could be making that noise?

O and P.S. going 85mph 90% of the time my turbo truck got 18.32mpg :) and thats even with a few WOT bursts!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Just a thought. Pinion angle. Did the Belltech kit come with pinion shims? When I lowered mine two inches it caused some headaches for me.

BlackL03

Established Member
yeah I instelled them with the big end facing the fron of the truck...

Its not fast enough click for pinion tho...doesnt the drive shaft on these trucks spin 3.55 times faster then the wheels do...that would mean that click would be going like 240 mph...and it def wasnt going that fast...

the pinion from just looking is on a straight dead line with the tranny..

BlackL03

Established Member
or am i wrong...does teh rear wheels spin 3.73 times faster then the driveshaft?

Bootbox

Established Member
Make sure the e-brake cable on the driver's side tire isn't rubbing.
Check the axle vent tube, is it hitting or dragging?
Inspect your driveshaft for rub marks, it can hit on the gas tank strap or kmember.

BlackL03

Established Member
ebrake cable my friends...thanks for the help guys!!

it was hitting the rim and the balance weight was clicking on it! SWEET! everythings ok tho!

Thanks again!!!

BlackL03

Established Member
Once i get my rims on her I will show yall prolly next weekend I am going to keep it a big secret...haha...its only halfway doen the rims will finish her off...then she will be a powerful, fairly fuel efficient, beauty queen!..lol

Users who are viewing this thread