Noisy front suspension.. ideas?

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
I just got my subframes welded in and although they make the car reallly solid, now im hearing some squeaking in the front end. I think my drivers side strut is going bad because it sounds like a rough nasty noise (but had that prior to the subframes) and now im hearing what sounds like it might be the steering rack bushings squeaking across the full front end; slightly more noticeable from passenger side. Sounds similar to that of a spring without iso's in. Noticed it mostly during cornering. What have you guys had past experience with replacing?

Regarding the strut: That noise is awful. Dont know if it is the strut, but its my first guess as it looks like there are slight metal shavings on the shaft as if it is bent and wearing out. Any other ideas on that? Its not the hub assembly.

Thanks

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I just got my subframes welded in and although they make the car reallly solid, now im hearing some squeaking in the front end. I think my drivers side strut is going bad because it sounds like a rough nasty noise (but had that prior to the subframes) and now im hearing what sounds like it might be the steering rack bushings squeaking across the full front end; slightly more noticeable from passenger side. Sounds similar to that of a spring without iso's in. Noticed it mostly during cornering. What have you guys had past experience with replacing?

Regarding the strut: That noise is awful. Dont know if it is the strut, but its my first guess as it looks like there are slight metal shavings on the shaft as if it is bent and wearing out. Any other ideas on that? Its not the hub assembly.

Thanks

Replace your steering rack bushings first and see if that fixes your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread