Noisy UCA

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I recently installed the Whiteline Adj. UCA and hear a slight clank over every bump now and it's starting to drive me nuts. I have checked all is tight and it seems to work great traction wise. I am just wondering how common this is?

Other suspension mods are:

BBR Billet LCA's
Steeda Adj Swaybar
UPR Adj Panhard
Steeda Sport Springs
Koni Yellows

BMR Tech

I recently installed the Whiteline Adj. UCA and hear a slight clank over every bump now and it's starting to drive me nuts. I have checked all is tight and it seems to work great traction wise. I am just wondering how common this is?

Other suspension mods are:

BBR Billet LCA's
Steeda Adj Swaybar
UPR Adj Panhard
Steeda Sport Springs
Koni Yellows

Sorry to hear this.

As asked above, did you install everything at one time?

Something I have seen over the years, is some manufacturers have/do offer UCA systems that actually contact the differntial housing when the suspension is compressed. You may want to lift the car up and check for contact marks on the UCA.

If you want to call me and discuss, I would be happy to assist you in locating the noise.

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
If your UCA connections are tight, you may also want to check the torque on the panhard bar bolts - should be 129 ft. lbs. Mine made it's way lose driving on bumpy roads over time. I retorqued them after applying blue loctite - problem solved.

Stromboli! :beer:

kingnut

Established Member
Yeah man PHB loosened up and was making noise while going over bumps.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
My Whitleline uca doesn't make any noise if thats any consolation. Did you use the Whiteline bracket also?

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Thanks yes next step is to put on a lift and check the PHB and also for contact marks on the UCA. I had all the other mods before, but after a slight accident I had purchased everything again new and installed at once since I had to replace the rear. I really think its something with the UCA as the added vibration is noticeable. After reading the second thread now on failed Whiteline units I think a Steeda UCA is in order.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Big Ben ... Keep us updated!

Best Regards,

TJ

Just sw my installer he says my whiteline uca is showing signs of stress , so just got off the phone with mat and ordered your mount for the control arm. You didnt have any control arms in stock so i ordered it from american muscle.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread