non aftercooled V2SQ, 01 cobra

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
so, i was wondering about what a conservative tune and a Vortch V2 S trim would typically lay down on an otherwise stock engine. the car has a cobra 6 speed and 410s.

should i safely be able to run the blower with no after cooler? Vortechs is very expensive. (1700 for their setup). would it be all that much trouble to set up an air to air in the bumper or would it not be worth it?

thanks for your time.....john

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
thank you
well, i have the kit on a 2 valve right now and it works/runs great. i was looking to install it on the 4 valve once ive got the brackets here. i assume the vortech air to water kit is much more efficient than an air to air intercooler? again, at its 1700 dollar price tag im not all that excited about it when i figure an air to air may be much cheeper and give the same or similar effect.

im not looking for anthing earth shatering (400-425 rwhp). if i can get there without an I.C. and be safe than thats what id like to do for the time being.

on 9 psi it will prolly make around 440rwhp
im understanding that 8-9psi is about the threshold for these engines on a "safe" tune. whats is the V2SQ capeable of? i was honestly fixin to get a P1SC for my car but this sort of worked out for me instead.

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
get the paxton air-air intercooler. I was running an s-trim and at 8psi non intercooled it was at 360whp. After adding the intercooler at the same boost level I gained 40whp and dropped almost 100 degrees intake temps....

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
came up with a quick price of 1,399.00 after a quick search. is that accurate? id just get the vortech at that price.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
im understanding that 8-9psi is about the threshold for these engines on a "safe" tune. whats is the V2SQ capeable of? i was honestly fixin to get a P1SC for my car but this sort of worked out for me instead.

I prefer a vortech unit over a procharger. They are a more quality unit and have less problems imo.

Also I feel that a vortech will make more power all equal for some reason and again with less problems.

A V2SQ can make power, I made 605rwhp with my S-trim on 19psi and a 8 rib conversion.

skidad62

Established Member
I prefer the air to air intercooled over the aftercooled air to water for a daily driver...

I picked up a Procharger intercooler & added it to my Vortech V2SQ SI trim... I used a CX Racing 3" universal aluminum piping kit - it works GREAT! I really like the clearance we gained with this routing over the Paxton.

Added 50 rwhp and 50 rwtq across the board with more room to go.

050.jpg

051.jpg

035.jpg

Nov2008028.jpg

Nov2008029.jpg

Nov2008030.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread