Non-Bolt On Engine work.

jrh99

Established Member
I think it's great that 03's are getting such great results from all the simple bolt-ons that are out on the market but, what's the possibility of these cars once people start opening up the engines?
What would the first serious engine mod likely be on these, already incredible, forged 4.6 liters?
I had never really heard of many people doing heads and cams (it wasn't worth the price for the amount of HP you'd get out of it) on the older cobras, but would it maybe give some nice gains on the 03?
I'm just curious about what we may start to see soon. I'm figuring this is the 2nd winter for these cars and some may start getting into these types of mods for a winter project.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
JDM has cams in his Black coupe ,,They made good power..I think he ran an 11.0 with cams and ported stock Eaton..
I don't remember the rwhp ##'s but i do rember it being well over 500 with 600+ft lbs...:coolman:

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
Problem is price which is very high I'd like to know if we used arp bolts in the stock motor and changed wrist pins to better one's how much further the stock motor could go ?

lguerra1

Established Member
Originally posted by redaddiction
Problem is price which is very high I'd like to know if we used arp bolts in the stock motor and changed wrist pins to better one's how much further the stock motor could go ?

The stock block already uses ARP fasteners. They come from the factory that way.

hj16

Established Member
Cams = JDM

Heads = Havent heard about any, other than porting the stockers

Block = Anywhere from 5.0L to 5.3L. I think there is a 5.9L on the market too.

jrh99

Established Member
Has anyone heard our cars with aftermarket cams? What's the difference in sound?

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by jrh99
Has anyone heard our cars with aftermarket cams? What's the difference in sound?

I heard the JDM cams at Epping..Nice mild lope...Nothing Nasty..

Users who are viewing this thread