Non-Flamable OC List

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Anyone know where the listed in from the DOJ where they tested all the OC's to make sure we don't set people on fire? I can't find it and need to make sure that Fox Labs Mean Green is truly non-flammable like they say.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Anyone know where the listed in from the DOJ where they tested all the OC's to make sure we don't set people on fire? I can't find it and need to make sure that Fox Labs Mean Green is truly non-flammable like they say.

CRT less lethal did a study in field conditions with something like 20 different brands and I'm certain the spray and fog versions did not ignite when used in conjunction with a Taser but several other popular brands did. I have the article on my office computer. I can send it to you if you would like.

Several of the tested brands/versions ignited even though they were labeled 'non-flammable' but they couldn't be lighted with heat sources like cigarettes or car exhaust.

I would suggest you do your own study and document it. That's what most departments do and that's what I recommend when that question is asked.

rondog622

Established Member
That should be up to your dept to make sure you have the correct oc. I know my dept issues the oc and replaces it prior to expiration. I was under the impression that only the oil based oc's were flammible. We dont have tasers so it is not an issue. Good luck with your research

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
The DOJ Department of Justice did a through testing of Flammable OC and put it out. They found that some of the OC's that were declared non-flamable ignited for some reason.

Looks like we will have to do our own testing.

Chris_562

KCSO
Established Member
We did our own testing using the Taser, Butane lighter, and another open flame source, and determined Vexor from Zarc industries is non flammable.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
We did our own testing using the Taser, Butane lighter, and another open flame source, and determined Vexor from Zarc industries is non flammable.

Smart. Make sure you have the documentation to prove this test was conducted and keep it 'just in case'.

Chris_562

KCSO
Established Member
Smart. Make sure you have the documentation to prove this test was conducted and keep it 'just in case'.

We do, the master test was performed by the WV DSA and then we did our own in house testing with video to confirm the findings.

and for kicks an non EID safe OC was tested, namely cap-stun it's results were not as favorable.

Users who are viewing this thread