Non lowered suspension question

beef97

Established Member
Hey everyone, I looked but couldn't find the exact info I was searching for! I do NOT want to lower my car, just interested in making it handle a bit better. I plan on keeping the stock springs. I'm going to take advantage of the AM sale this month and order some Koni ST.R's all the way around. I wanted to know about the Steeda strut mounts or any alternative to them that people really enjoy. I don't want any NVH issues but I understand that the stock 2012 GT strut mounts (my car) are pretty much useless. If i'm going through the trouble of changing out the struts, what should I do about the strut mounts? I know some have used CC plates but from my understanding, that's mainly for lowered cars? Any info would be awesome! Thanks everyone!

Angry50

Established Member
i would say all the normalstuff minus springs would work. you could get one of the more subtle spring options they do level out the car and give better handling. you can always talk to kelly from BMR he helped me a bunch with my suspension.

86Fbody

Established Member
CC plates IMO would be a good upgrade whether or not you lower the car. As you stated they usually will be better cushioned and so the ride will be nicer, you also have the ability to change caster which helps with stability, and in the long run if you lower the car you can dial in camber. In fact I bet from the factory camber and caster isn't the same on each side, which can be fixed by CC plates.

beef97

Established Member
I read somewhere that CC plates are noisy? I read that Steeda's CC plates are pretty much for racing or competition use only?

86Fbody

Established Member
I read somewhere that CC plates are noisy? I read that Steeda's CC plates are pretty much for racing or competition use only?

Depends, the Vorshlag, very expensive as they are, are supposed to add no noise. The Ground Control plates I went with also have no noise since they use the GT500 bushing. I cannot speak on any others but I bet you could ask the companies as most people with CC plates are lowered and may have other mods that could increase noise or mask the CC plates noise.

50blackout

Established Member
Ok, Im thinking the same way OP is : I want better handling but don't want to lower it.

My Plan:
Bilstein Shocks and Struts with Track Pack springs
BMR 38 mm front bar and 25 mm rear bar
Steeda X-brace
BMR LCA (already on car)
BMR Panhard Bar and Brace

I think this setup with "Big Bars, and Soft Springs" will do the trick. I'm hoping that this will give me a good ride on the street and acceptable track performance. The stock suspension is good for the street but it just has too much wheel hop and body roll.

Good Luck OP, lets us know how it goes!!

Last edited:

beef97

Established Member
Will do! I've definitely decided on the Koni STr's but the last thing is what to do about the strut mounts. Steeda HD strut mounts, CC plates or leave it stock is pretty much what I've got to pick from! Anyone with experience on anything mentioned would be awesome! Thanks

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Keeping the stock springs is a challenge. Spring rates of the stocker are way too soft. I have the Steeda HD mounts and they're a very nice piece.

beef97

Established Member
What's the best spring alternative with the LEAST amount of drop possible? Boss springs?

evanjp

Established Member
I think P-Springs are the way I would eventually go when I get to suspension mods. They lower the car 1 inch all around and keeps some of the space between the wheel wells. The stock springs are a bit too high in the back. Or what you could do is get the 55d rear springs and boss front springs...

Users who are viewing this thread