Non-slip lower ?

moddedmystic

Established Member
Does anybody make a non-slip lower pulley? If I turn my blower pulley (Billetflow 3.1 non slip) you can actually see the belt slidding around the lower (6lb LFP). I'm running all 4 of Doug's idlers and have my tensioner over clocked and its still slipping. Turning it by hand and it slides around the lower, what gives? :bash:
Thanks, Mark A

mosconiac

Established Member
Modded Mystic said:
If I turn my blower pulley (Billetflow 3.1 non slip) you can actually see the belt slidding around the lower (6lb LFP).
:eek:

What does your belt tension look like (where is the tensioner sitting in its range)?

dougwg

Established Member
so my itty bitty 3.1 grips better then a 6lb lower?.... Kick A$$ :rockon:

Sorry I have no answers for you :(

BBCOBRA

Established Member
First, check the tension. Also, the torque of the motor is going to prevent the crank pulley from turning very easily.

moddedmystic

Established Member
I ended up maching the pulley so the belt fits in it all the way. I ended up making a 40 degree tool on a swiss grinder.Put the pulley in the lathe and releaved the outside of the pulley between the last tooth and the outside of the pulley. Like the stock one and like yours. Anyways long story short, put the pulley back on did the same test as before and guess what? The belt doesnt slip by the bottom pulley when I turn the top pulley!Problem solved!
The car was seeing 13 pounds of boost before maching the bottom pulley.Now I'm seeing over 16 pounds!!! :rockon:
Cheers, Mark A
:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

dougwg

Established Member
This is an example of a 6 rib pulley but the geometry is the same whether it's a 6, 8 or 10 rib.

Is this representative of what you found Mark?

groovegeo7vk.jpg

Last edited:

moddedmystic

Established Member
No, my pulley didnt have those upper reliefs on the outside of the pulley. Preventing the belt from seating into the pulley. I ended up maching those in myself.I'll try and post some pics tonight.
Cheers, Mark A
:beer:

Edit:
Sorry fella's my monitor at work is older than dirt. I couldnt see all of Dougs illistration.Anyways my pulley looked like the red one labeled "Not Correct"
Now after maching, it looks like the green one labeled "Correct"
I found the standards for micro v-belts in the Machinery's Handbook and thats what I went by. Also the radii on the teeth are too big compared to what the standards is in the Machinery Handbook call out.But didnt touch them, I did machine the outside groove like in Dougstop illistration. I hope that clears it up. Pic's to come.....
~Mark A

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread