noob mach ?s

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
hi...i have a couple a quick questions.

whats the average 1/4 in a factory stock 5 speed march?

whats the average curb weight of the same car?

how would a 6 speed cobra tranny affect a mach?

basically, im looking into a modular dohc swap into my fox. im trying too see whats out there for options vs 03 cobra engine. big bucks for those. i want to be able to basically drive my car into the low 13s with the possibility of 12s (im pretty sure 12s are a pipe dream though)....thanks for your time....john

oh im looking to go 4.6 dohc, t56 6 speed, 373 8.8 rear. im not sure what im going to be able to get my curb weight down to. it should be right about 3600 full up with the 5.0. im hoping to get it down to about 3200. i think the modular 4.6 generally is about 80-100 lbs heavier than a 5.0.

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
meh...i have no idea why it double posted like that...sorry :(

its back

Established Member
My first trip to the track, actually first time ever driving, I was able to get a 13.56 @ 104. The only mods were a Pro 5.0 shifter and drop-in K&N. I remember reading that a couple pro drivers hit low 13 with stock tires and high 12s with DR. I don't know the actuall weight but I think its around 3,500#.

You should not have any problem hitting 12's with a full exhaust and cai as well as a good tune.

Cdn Mach Won

Established Member
My 03 Mach went 12.90 @ 109 with a cat back, x pipe with cats and a K&N fipk on the stock Goodyears. The car weighs 3440 and race weight is 3640.
Nitto's and a 4.30 gear netted me a 12.60 @ 108 on a very hot sticky day.
12's in a fox should be a cake walk.
The 6 speed has a different 1st gear and most people have slowed down after installing it.

You should check out the mach1registry.com they have a lot of good tech.

Ryan

Mach1threat

OoO
Established Member
I have a 2004 auto mach with two 12's and a big box in my trunk along with an amp and cd's, dynamat and such in my car when i weighed it (every day driving weight) about 1/3 gas tank . My car is automatic and it weighed around 3520, give or take 20 pounds.

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
wow guys...awesome!...thanks. those sound better than NA cobra times!hopefully the 6 speed wont slow it down too much...i realy want that highway gear though.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
The first and Second gears are different. The mach has better ratio's (for drag racing). As long as you set her up right, you shouldn't have a problem. The mach motors will turn low to mid 13s stock. The Foxes weigh a tad less, if I am not mistaken, so you should be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread