noob mach ?s

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
hi...i have a couple a quick questions.

whats the average 1/4 in a factory stock 5 speed march?

whats the average curb weight of the same car?

how would a 6 speed cobra tranny affect a mach?

basically, im looking into a modular dohc swap into my fox. im trying too see whats out there for options vs 03 cobra engine. big bucks for those. i want to be able to basically drive my car into the mid to low 13s with the possibility of 12s (im pretty sure 12s are a pipe dream though)....thanks for your time....john

oh im looking to go 4.6 dohc, t56 6 speed, 373 8.8 rear. im not sure what im going to be able to get my curb weight down to. it should be right about 3600 full up with the 5.0. im hoping to get it down to about 3200. i think the modular 4.6 generally is about 80-100 lbs heavier than a 5.0.

Last edited:

munnmotorsports

Established Member
factory 5 speeds run 13.2 and faster... with the right driver and some drag radials many guys have went 12's . they're about 3500-3600... the 6 speed trans would probably be very nice. with a mach 1 motor in a fox body i definitely wouldnt see a problem goin in the 12's. my guess with the usual bolt ons... full exhaust (headers, everything), CAI, underdrive pulleys... i think u might would even go high 11's. the mach 1 motors are definitely no joke... my bone stock auto mach 1 with street tires went 13.59@103. even when i would spin either off the line or second gear i would still run 13.6 or 13.8... and i thought fox bodys weigh around 3200 from the factory??

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
awesome man thank you. most of the stock fox stangs weigh in about that but my fox is a fox tbird turbo coupe. i try not to advertise that too much becaust i get flamed on it in mustang boards sometimes, or ignored...wich ever. anyway. they are a little heavier. sounds like it weighs in close to a stock mach1 though wich is pretty sweet on my end. im so excited about this project and i want to get things rolling with it soon. thanks again man....john

shame302

I Love Your Mom...
Established Member
i forgot too ask...i seriously doubt it but do the mach 1 engines have both a forged 8 bolt crank and forged pistons? i think maybe its got the cobra crank but i doubt the pistons are forged....thanks again...john

Users who are viewing this thread