Noob question on cross drilled rotor direction

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
I got these same rotors from tps. Does it matter which direction they face? These pics are two different gt500's with the same cross drilled rotors & they both have them faced a different way. You can see the top of the rotor on the red car, the line is around a 45 degree & the white car has it around a 135 degree.
thanks

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
My FTBR slots run forward...

057ce761-fda9-41a3-9bba-2c47dbe05abb.jpg

lsp408

Established Member
Slot and drill don't really matter, need to look for the vent direction in the rotor

The idea is to get air out as going forward. So if you looking at the rotor going to left side, the center vent should lead the outside vent as it turning counter clockwise.

And right side center vent should lead outside vent as it turning clockwise

Last edited:

Bad Company

Established Member
The slots can run in either direction. The question you need to ask is, are the vanes in the center of the rotor directional? I have never seen a directional set of vanes that the rotor isn't marked left and right. Check the part numbers to see if they are different this would denote a left and right side. If the part numbers are the same the next thing to look at is the vanes. If they are straight then its doesn't matter. If they are curved than you need to figure out right and left.

Users who are viewing this thread