Noob with 2014 GT Premium Track Pack...

92 Couper

Established Member
Well, not really a noob to the site or the hobby (this is my forth mustang), but now have a new ride. Picked up a new Deep Impact Blue GT Premium track pack car 24 days ago from my an Atlanta area Ford dealer. Car has the pedestal spoiler and no other options outside of the premium and track pack. Car was built on 6/17/14 and production ended on 6/20/14, so it is one of the last S197's built.

So far have done the following:
- Wash, Clay Bar and Wax
- 35% Tint (legal limit here in Georgia)
- Bama 93 octane race tune
- MGW shifter (Installed by George at MGW)
- JLT DIB CAI
- GT500 axle back exhaust

I have springs and lower control arms on order now, and will likley do a few smaller thinks like sound tube delete and hood struts later. I love this car and now really love the way it pulls, shifts, and sounds. Here are a couple of pix:

14gt1.jpg

14gt4.jpg

14gt10.jpg

Last edited:

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Looks great, how much of difference from before and after tune? I'm looking into one myself.

92 Couper

Established Member
Looks great, how much of difference from before and after tune? I'm looking into one myself.

Hard to say. I put the tune on with less than 400 miles on the car and had not really jumped on it hard as I was breaking it in. Overall responsiveness was greatly improved. Eliminates the lag on the throttle response and seems to bring in the cams earlier, so it really pulls hard. Should have waited until I knew the car better before I started modding, but I could not help myself.

92 Couper

Established Member
Come down to Atlanta Dragway in Commerce Georgia and see how it does.

Yes, planning on heading up there one night this fall or next spring depending on the test and tune schedule. Planning a visit to a local dynojet too. Would be nice to have a 400 RWHP dyno sheet and mid 12 second time slip in the books on this car.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Yes, planning on heading up there one night this fall or next spring depending on the test and tune schedule. Planning a visit to a local dynojet too. Would be nice to have a 400 RWHP dyno sheet and mid 12 second time slip in the books on this car.

That should be easily doable from what I read on here. Congrats on the new ride!! I just purchased a '13 Premium GT myself! I have not taken delivery of the vehicle yet (in transport) but I am SUPER excited!! I sold my '03 Cobra earlier this year and I was already having withdrawals LOL!

Look under the "Georgia" section on this forum under "Taste of Home"... we are always at least TRYING to get together, meet up, cruise, go to shows, etc... but it's hard for people to actually come together in GA apparently haha... cut check it out. I think we are trying to do something the second week in November? Caffeine and Octane is November 2 as well in Alpharetta. You should try and make it out.

Congrats! Love the color and mods so far. Hopefully I'll see you around town.

You too! Check out the GA section on here!

Both beautiful cars!! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread