North Texas Cobra Owners

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
The Houston crowd is running rings around the North Texas membership for the SVT Cobra Mustang Club. Check out the site: http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html
It's $20.00 to join for a year and you can pay online if you like. Maybe if we can get enough of the area owners to join we can start having events at this end of the state. :thumbsup:

Lots of people on this forum are on that one as well so it's all good, so come on and join up so Houston isn't the only ones having all the fun! :beer:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Where and when do you meet? I was a member of the Z Club of Texas for two years before I got my Cobra. We had a lot of fun activities, do you guys do the same thing?

Last edited:

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
Where and when do you meet? I was a member of the Z Club of Texas for two years before I got my Cobra. We had a lot of fun activities, do you guys do the same thing?

I've just joined recently, but if you check out their events page it looks like they have some good get togethers, but not enough DFW area Cobra owners have joined to have something up here.
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/scmcevents/index.html

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
msmap said:
Yes, you north Texas peeps join up and we can all meet in the middle for get togethers. We love to drive!

Thanks msmap, I'm trying to get these boys to join but I just don't know about them. :poke:

Laurie

Last edited:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
msmap said:
Yes, you north Texas peeps join up and we can all meet in the middle for get togethers. We love to drive!
I actually enjoyed driving down to Austin for the cruise. :thumbsup:

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
I wasn't planning on starting a chapter here, not even sure they have "chapters" but there is a regional representative that can fill us in on the details. I just joined so I am not fully versed in what they do and offer, but I know the vendor list isn't too bad. I will send Edmond a note and ask for his assistance. Thanks,
Laurie
PS: I think a cruise to Austin from Dallas and Houston would be great fun and just imagine all the cars! :pepper:

JKD

Banned
TXRDRNR said:
I wasn't planning on starting a chapter here, not even sure they have "chapters" but there is a regional representative that can fill us in on the details. I just joined so I am not fully versed in what they do and offer, but I know the vendor list isn't too bad. I will send Edmond a note and ask for his assistance. Thanks,
Laurie
PS: I think a cruise to Austin from Dallas and Houston would be great fun and just imagine all the cars! :pepper:

I agree. Any cruise with a bunch of hot rods is fun, but all Cobra's makes it that much better. We should definetly get some info. It's hard to believe there isnt one with how many SVT owners there are in the DFW area. But it sounds like a great reason to start one. :thumbsup:

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
There are no chapters, just bigger regions as we are part of a national SCMC group. Go check out our Texas part of the website:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

This is where are all the Texas, mainly Houston area, Cobras are. Our Austin cruise has people from all over Texas join in. There are several cruises to get to Austin, then we all join in for one big cruise thru the Austin Hill country and dinner, head to a hotel to park the cobras, then off to 6th street to party!

Jesse99

DFWModified
Established Member
Hey TXRDRNR.. It's great to see another member here in the metroplex.. Yes there's no Chapter here.. But if it grows I'm sure there will be one.. The Houston group is well organized and I love making the trip to see them every chance I can.. We definitely need to catch up.. :-D.. The Austin cruise is one of my favs and I can't wait to do it again.. Anyway I'll like to meet up with another SCMC member, Give me a yell when you have time.. A buddy of mine just bought a Cobra and will be joining soon.. Maybe we can start a GTG.. Later Jesse

Firme

Established Member
Like everyone has said so far, there are no chapters, but there are regions. Since Texas is so big, each city sorta needs a core group.

I am confident that all it would take to get DFW going is some people willing to help organize things. Houston is definitely here to support ya'll and help when needing to set things up. :thumbsup:

Last time I checked, there were 60+ Texas SCMC members, mostly from Houston, so imagine how big that number would be with the others cities joining in.

We do have the bi-annual Austin Cruise which pulls people from all over Texas. The last time we had around 40 cars. We also do car shows and track events closer to the Houston area, but as other cities grow, there will be multiple events all over Texas.

As far as the membership price, its $20 for one year, but if you join for more that one year, its $15 a year (IE: $30 for two years). However, the cost can easily be covered by the club vendor and event discounts. :rockon:

As far as the website, the www.svtcobraclub.com is the national site, and www.svtmustangcobraclub.com is the South Central Region (which Texas falls into) website.

TXRDRNR

Never follow.
Established Member
Thanks Jesse and Edmond! I am looking forward to the upcoming year of my membership and will help anyway I can! :pepper:
Laurie

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
FYI, I'm a member of the DFW chapter of SVTOA. We meet the third Friday of the month in Arlington. We also have some fun events in the works and are going to TWS this weekend. Go to www.dfwsvtoa.com for more info!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I'm probably the only DFW area SCMC member... It would be nice if we could get it to grow some more... When I lived in SC, we had a huge number of members and the drag days, shows, and open track events were always a blast !!!

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
The big cobra club in the Dallas area is SVTCOA-NT or SVT Club of America - North Texas

My club (NTMC) and the SVTCOA-NT Chapter do LOTS of shows/activites together.

Most likely why the svt cobra club is kinda small in dallas is because the svtcoa chapter is very live and well.

Just my 02.

Jesse99

DFWModified
Established Member
xtremejc said:
I'm probably the only DFW area SCMC member... It would be nice if we could get it to grow some more... When I lived in SC, we had a huge number of members and the drag days, shows, and open track events were always a blast !!!
Nope your not the only one.. I'm here.. And I have to agree we need to grow.. The Houston Guys and Girls are having too much fun.. We need to take over :D :thumbsup:

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
Jesse99 said:
Nope your not the only one.. I'm here.. And I have to agree we need to grow.. The Houston Guys and Girls are having too much fun.. We need to take over :D :thumbsup:

Yea, we are big here cuz the SVOTA is almost non existent except for on paper :( It would be really nice to have more than one club so there were more activities and people involved in Cobra stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread