Northwest local Help

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
Hey Guys is there any book or manuals out there, for the 03 cobra, that shows an exploded diagram of ours cars to show individual parts, for example rear end bushings.
Or even books on the motor for tuning, what works with what and so forth?
or is it just a hit and miss , trail by fire
If anybody has any thoughts it would help.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
someone has a complete Ford Manual for the 03 Mustang (including Cobra) online.. I have a copy of it, but it's almost 200 meg, so if you need a download I'd say find a computer with a fast internet connection and find it online to download and install on your computer)

Oxford Snake

Established Member
I'll tell you from personal experience DO NOT waste your time with the bushings. It is a royal PITA and it did not help me. I ended up with the entrire IRS out of the car, replaced the upper/lower, IRS subframe, and diff bushings and the car still hops like a mofo.

Do you have an Xcal2 or a wideband (I'll make you a good deal on an LM-1)? You need both and a laptop if you can swing it but not mandatory to really get your car tuned right. LMK if you have any specific questions.

Dave

03CONVTORCH

Scary Fast Snake
Established Member
Oxford Snake said:
I'll tell you from personal experience DO NOT waste your time with the bushings. It is a royal PITA and it did not help me. I ended up with the entrire IRS out of the car, replaced the upper/lower, IRS subframe, and diff bushings and the car still hops like a mofo.

Do you have an Xcal2 or a wideband (I'll make you a good deal on an LM-1)? You need both and a laptop if you can swing it but not mandatory to really get your car tuned right. LMK if you have any specific questions.

Dave
I have a xcal2 tune in it right now, just triing to deside if I can justify, porting it and all the needed accessories.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
They sell a book at Barnes and Noble for about $35 that is nothing but modular motor stuff. Everything from mods with dyno graphs to rebuilds. It's a thick book and probably worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread