NOS kit for 03/04 cobras

primo

Established Member
SWEET! Thats a trick setup! :banana:

RGrossman

Established Member
$519 on summit. Seems like a good price. I just don't feel safe spraying fuel into the Eaton.

I still say the Edelbrock Dry Kit is the way to go.

primo

Established Member
This is an e-mail response form an Eaton engineer:

The rotors and their coating have been tested to resist gasoline. The assembly as a whole has not been validated for extended introduction of liquid gasoline. Previous testing has shown that extended introduction of liquid gasoline through the supercharger would result in contamination of the rear bearings and ultimately would result in premature failure due to breakdown of the bearing grease from the gasoline. Nitrous adds an additional element of concern. The supercharger maintains a very complex relationship of internal tolerances that are developed to work within the thermal variations of the operating cycle. As you are aware, introduction of Nitrous to an intake system results in a rapid cooling from the chemical conversion of liquid Nitrous to vapor. This rapid cooling of the supercharger housing will upset the design balance in thermal expansion rates of the rotating components as well as the housing. This could result in seizure. I highly recommend that Nitrous and fuel be introduced after the supercharger, this would most likely require a direct port type modification for the Mustang application.

Product Engineer
Eaton Engine Air Management Operations - Supercharger Division
19218 B. Drive South
Marshall, MI 49068

I have his name and contact info. Pm me if you want it. I didn't want to be an ass and post his name and number because I wouldn't want that to happen to me.

primo

Established Member
Botom line, I'm spraying! It's not like I'll be spraying all the time. I like the fact that I wont be putting stress on the engine all the time like a KB or whipple would. Just a flip of the switch for a good 600RWHP and 600+ RWTQ! The same guy told me that I shouldn't be spinning the blower with a smaller pulley as well, but I have since the car was new:) Ask Broke7 how he likes teh liquid juice:)

Users who are viewing this thread