NOS kit on my 2011 ???

stang1971

Established Member
Holley Performance Products Nitrous System Universal*05131NOS
Looking at this kit & really want to use the NOS brand because they sponsor Mustang Week.
My biggest concern it once its armed what will be the best way to use it.
They do not have a kit that works with the new 5.0 yet. Should I mount a switch under the gas pedal or get one on the shift ball ?
nx has a plate kit and i personally bought a plate from nitrous outlet for mine. i already had a nx wet kit so all i needed was a plate. i wouldnt do the switch under the pedal... nx has a tps module. the engine cover hides the plate for a nice clean install and get the tps module for flawless performance.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
i use a window switch and wot switch on the pedal. then my master arm switch is in the arm rest on that little cover that pops off, along with my bottle heater switch. I wouldnt just use some push button to activate it, that will have you buying a motor next.

Get a nos mini controller if u really want to go nos. they are nice, had one for 2 years on my bike. has tps, wot, and progressive abilities.

RectalRampage

Established Member
I wouldn't reference WOT using a sensor at the pedal, its better to use the throttle blade position sensor to obtain true WOT 100% of the time. The pedal does not guarantee that the throttle blade is actually fully open.

If you are interested I have some left over top of the line brand new Wizard of Nitrous components for sale.

It's about $2,500.00 USD in items (including their all-in-one race max extreme progressive controller - which does TPS/BTS WOT sensing, fully tunable progressive delivery, PSI based bottle heater control with disarmed standbye mode, window switch control, nitrous & fuel pressure safety cut off, individual gear delivery/control, solenoid pulse frequency adjustment optimization, + much-much more).

A customer of mine had purchased the stuff for install, but then later backed out of using nitrous all together.

Id let it go for less then half of its value...

Their stuff is by far the most purpose built, safe, superior nitrous components in the world.

I am not a fan of NOS brand (the company) nitrous hardware, the stuff is pretty much as generically mass produced as it gets & their wet nozzle design leaves some to be desired.

Last edited:

RectalRampage

Established Member
I can understand that.

Do yourself a favor and run two of their nitrous solenoids in-line, get a window switch, a fuel pressure safety switch, digital WOT switch w/failsafe, a nitrous pressure gauge, and do a lot of reading on the subject matter.

I find that very few books/articles really touch on some of the more important aspects of nitrous use though... You need to look long and hard to actually find text above your basic How-To that's from the past decade.

So at the end of the day if you still have questions; ask on the forums.

But like I said - you want to use the throttle blade position sensor for a WOT trigger, NOT the throttle pedal.

On a modern vehicle the computer ultimately decides if and when WOT will occur, not your foot pedal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread