Nos kits..

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
I wanna see my focus in the mid 13s...but have a way to cover up any engine mods (so i dont smoke the warrenty on my dailey driver), so im thinking nos is the way to go, anyone have any kits they recommend or any insight on what is available?

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I have the ZEX kit. Wet, adjustable 55-65-75hp shots. I think you're gonna need alot more than 75 to put the SVT in the 13s. I have some serious mods, and a quick drag strip, and my car only ran 14.01. I have not used the ZEX yet. I'm only going to use the 55hp shot when I do, and I'd like to be in the mid 13s. You'll need probably a 125hp shot or more to put the car in the 13s. The direct port kits can be adjusted to run big shots if you want them to, but the kits themselves are big $. The ZEX kit is less than $600, and easy as pie to install. The girl who owned my kit before me ran 14.77 with the kit and an intake. Good luck man, I hope you do it!! E-

Venom_Injected

Established Member
nah, less than that. there was a guy on here who ran 13.6 with an NOS 80hp shot. and that was a dry shot. im sure i'll be well into the 13's with my homemade wet NOS kit. i'll let you guys when the weather gets stable. i'll start with the 50 then work my way up to the 100 shot.

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
80hp shouldn't give you 2 damn seconds in the quarter! I call serious BS. My car hooks up pretty hard, and I'm doing all I can to hit 14 flat. I've never used or had much experience with nitrous, so my comments are rather unfounded. If 80hp gives you 2 seconds, I should be deep into the 12s with my 75shot. We'll see in April. I have neither the technical experience or knowhow, so I have to rely on factory built kits(ZEX). Here's a serious question. The wet and dry kits both add serious torque. How much torque should I expect from 55-65-75shots? The Getrag is rated for 210nM, about 154tq. I hope I don't pop the tranny shifting on the strip. Any ideas on how to save it when racing? E-

Lupuri

Smack that ass bitch!
Established Member
Well, Im seeing a wide range of claimed ETs going from 14.6-15.1 off of bone stock SVTFs.
I think Im gonna run this weekend and see what I cut before anything else...and go from there.

Must....focus on the....mustang....so ...so hard!

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm lucky to have one car to concentrate on, but unlucky that it is my daily driver. If she pops, I'll need a rental. If there is a stock SVTF out there running 14.6, I'll eat my words. But I doubt there is. 14.6 is damn fast. E-

FreeFlowSVT

Lover Of Burned Rubber
Established Member
No way they are getting under 15 stock :kaboom: ....15.1 would be the best i'v ever read or seen about stock so thats about right for fastest but not under 15sec. And E- is right about the 80 shot giving 2secs in 1/4 mile...it won't, at least with a front wheel car...Spent all weekend talking to my uncle from AZ who is part owner and part time driver for a drag team. He drags a Modified 70' Falcon. And we talked all about this stuff. Trying to talk him into helping me with parts for my car. Maybe will happen too. :)

Venom_Injected

Established Member
well believe what u want, but i saw the pics and the time slips. 13.6 @ 106 i believe. its true. with slicks and a bottle heater. see, what most people dont understand is the IMPORTANCE of the bottle heater. its makes a night and day differrence. i will bet money with a 100 shot w/heater and no other mods i'll get into the 13's. no to mention, my system is a true wet shot. i used a fogger @ the throttle body. im tellin' you, its only set at 50 right now and it is unf***ingbelievable. i think i'll go this weekend to the track to prove my point. i'll let you guys know....

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Jeff, I'm not sure what the car dynos, and I can't find out on the track. Thier website is very general, no elevations or race vectors. I'll be getting dynoed later this month after the Predator programmer comes out, just to make sure my A/F ratios are safe for ZEX. Hoping for 210 at the wheels, and 240+ with the 55hp shot. We'll see. E-

Users who are viewing this thread