Not a cobra, but I need help!!

99L#411

Established Member
I have a 98 v6 5 speed and we just installed a 98 4.6 with an auto and PI heads from a 98 GT convertible. I swapped the computer out and the motor and tranny are in and ready to be started.

I work for a local lockshop and have the PATS programmer.I had a blank PATS key cut to fit my ignition and had it programmed to correspond with the 98 GT computer. But after all the programming was done, the THEFT light still flashed. We tried to completely dump the system and start all over but the PATS programmer said that it could not istablish a connection to the computer.

Is the dash harness for a 98 v6 different from a 98 GT? Please help me anyway possible.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
since the V6 does not come with PATS, there is no sensor in the column. If you put all corresponding parts in for PATS i dont see why the harness would keep you from communicating with the computer.

99L#411

Established Member
since the V6 does not come with PATS, there is no sensor in the column. If you put all corresponding parts in for PATS i dont see why the harness would keep you from communicating with the computer.

My v6 came factory with the PATS system. There are transponders in both keys.

Users who are viewing this thread