Not a race! Need advice! Fully built vortech svt focus vs. modified mazdaspeed3.

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
Will i beat my buddys mazdaspeed3 after all of my mods are in? Here is a video of his dyno video. Its not tuned yet. once its tuned do you think i will have a chance?
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Y4XCVMXaBQ"]YouTube - Mazdaspeed3 dyno[/ame]

here is the list to all my new mods that are going in my car.
So I am about to get a fully built engine, and ported and polished head!
1. 2.55 pulley
2. 3" exhaust
3. ORP
4. 3" powerpipe for my supercharger
5. Cobra heat exchanger
6. Synchronic BOV
7. Kenne bell boost-a-pump
8. Wideband ( I know.. I know.. I should of had one in the first place)
9. And finally install my 70mm MAF
10. A water/methanol injection kit! Here is the website for the kit!
http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...duct_info.html

11. Now this is for later... A stage 4 clutch with aluminum flywheel. But thats until mine goes out!

Justa600

Established Member
My guess is you will win assuming you have more hp then he does. I cant see the vid because im at work.

Last edited:

evo connevo

Established Member
272/298..pretty good numbers for no tune and limited bolt ons. What does you car put down? They have nice gearing but don't pull past 6000rpms. They spool very quickly and have a great midrange though..

mysticalsnake

Established Member
here's the problem with tuning the MS3's and MS6's...nobody really can...with the boost cut man of them even "tuned" experienced it's an on/off chance on whether or not it will perform to it's max at that given time. and Evo, with the Cp-e standback unit, the base map is nothing but an expensive as hell boost controller to pull all the way to 6100, and to be 100% honest, they fall flat on their face at about 5800 if they're modded what so ever...they're an enigma that i don't know if anyone will ever figure out completely

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
I would not do an alum. flywheel man, I drove a friends SVT focus, before and after an install, and its low end was virtually non exsistant afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread