Not all 4cylinder car's are rice

porshh951

Established Member
Not all 4cylinder car's are rice**edit new footage**

modracing.net/videos/John_Porsche_Video2.wmv

Okay, **** it. The above link is dead and it aint coming back. Atleast you can look at some raw clip's. I will even add a new one to make up for the compilation video not working.

Edit** New here is a old video of me vs a friend of mine with a sick integra.
modracing.net/videos/Chris_vs_John.MPG

modracing.net/videos/c5_vette_vs_me_on_pumpgas_and_18psi.mpg

modracing.net/videos/stang_coupe_on_slicks_vs_me_on_pump_gas_and_16psi.mpg

Hey I just wanted to say I love the board. I have been lurking in and out for awhile now and haven't posted much. I was asked to post some video clip's of my car on this board and another so here it is. I wanted to prove that just because it's a small displacement engine and dated doesn't mean it can't be quick. So that's what this video was out to prove. It was a compliation done for my fellow porsche board along time ago. All races were done on a closed course in mid/late2003. I have pretty much raced everything under the sun except for a few of the newer hotrod's out there. I have to say since this is a svt dedicated site. I love the new 03-04 cobra's and it's just plain sick what kind of number's you guy's are getting with just bolt on's. I have a few friends with turbo sn95's. Great car's. Anyways for those of you who asked here are some racing clip's of my 944turbo.

Enjoy. and Happy Boosting:beer:

Last edited:

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
I could only get to the start of the first race, and it said the file was damaged... Sorry.

First impressions? I'm still laughing my ass off at the soundtrack. Nice. And it looks like a sweet car.

porshh951

Established Member
Originally posted by Duende
I could only get to the start of the first race, and it said the file was damaged... Sorry.

First impressions? I'm still laughing my ass off at the soundtrack. Nice. And it looks like a sweet car.

hmm.... I will have to look into it. It's very old. You guy's have a member here who was pestering me to show "proof" whatever you like to call it. I don't really care too much but, since I was posting to for a friend I figured I would kill two birds with one stone. You will have to excuse the intro.....that is for my porsche board.

Don't knock Top Gun. I love that movie and the music has always gotten me pumped up.

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Whoa, whoa... I must have came across wrong.

I was really interested in watching it. I love Porches, I don't need 'proof' of their performance potential...

And I own Top Gun, and still love watching that movie. That's what cracked me up.

porshh951

Established Member
Originally posted by Duende
Whoa, whoa... I must have came across wrong.

I was really interested in watching it. I love Porches, I don't need 'proof' of their performance potential...

And I own Top Gun, and still love watching that movie. That's what cracked me up.

no no it's all good. I guess I came across as being upset. I wasen't. I understand what you are saying. There is a member here who kept pestering me....not you.....so that's why I posted it.

Hey try left clicking it man...see if it works then.

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
Yeah...it's still cuttin' off right at the first race. I have it downloaded and everything... Oh well.

porshh951

Established Member
hmmmm....well I could always post the raw footage. Ofcourse I don't have all those car's hosted...but, I have a couple of them...I think the vette,the stang,and the turbo integra. Well have to see if other people can't download it. If they are having problems then I will just host the raw footage and see if that works.

btw are you using windows media player 9...with the latest codec's?? Maybe that's the problem.

porshh951

Established Member
okay I just downloaded it myself and got the same problem..

Let's try posting some of the raw footage and see if this works..

I am also in the process of trying to rehost the original video. It's prolly going to take another hour or so. Then I will repost the link and see if we can't get it to work this time around.

Sorry for all of the shit. I didn't think I would be having this many problems.

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Wow, that's a fast car. Just how much HP are you putting down anyway?

The Porsche 944 Turbo is one of my all time favorite cars. I had the pleasure of driving one a few times back in the late 80's and it was very fast STOCK.

With all those mods you have, that thing must be an animal.

porshh951

Established Member
oh thanks for the complement's. The car hasen't gotten to the dyno yet. We think it's around 400hp but, until it get's to the dyno it's all a guessing game. What's killing me right now is I am still on stock k26 turbocharger.....once I get a chance to upgrade the turbo she will run alot better.

btw exactly which video worked for you??? I am still uploading the original video and trying to get it to work.

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
Nice car, man. Any times or dyno numbers?

My friend is building up an '86 951 and it's got a header, full 3" exhaust, Yoko ES100's, roll cage, mbc @ 20lbs, upgraded intercooler, and some other stuff that I'm not sure about. Should boogie pretty well.

Before that he had an auto (3 speed) 944. We COULD NOT get the damn thing to go fast. Full exhaust with straight pipe, cam, chip, intake, and about every other bolt on you could think of and after all that we ran it at C-Bad to a blistering 17 second quarter mile with traps in the low 70's.

A little atmosphere increaser makes a world of difference, right terminator guys?

04HillzGT

Established Member
personally on the whole rice issue, just because a car is a 4 cyl doesn't mean it's rice, rice refers to those cars with the ugly body kits the huge spoilers and don't do anything, and of course tha annoying fart tip exhausts oh wait don't forget the decals, the attitude of the owners of these cars is another problem, I definitely wouldn't classify your car as rice just thought I'd give my .02 on the whole rice definition

porshh951

Established Member
Originally posted by ReducedFat
Nice car, man. Any times or dyno numbers?

My friend is building up an '86 951 and it's got a header, full 3" exhaust, Yoko ES100's, roll cage, mbc @ 20lbs, upgraded intercooler, and some other stuff that I'm not sure about. Should boogie pretty well.

Before that he had an auto (3 speed) 944. We COULD NOT get the damn thing to go fast. Full exhaust with straight pipe, cam, chip, intake, and about every other bolt on you could think of and after all that we ran it at C-Bad to a blistering 17 second quarter mile with traps in the low 70's.

A little atmosphere increaser makes a world of difference, right terminator guys?

If he is pushing that much boost(like me) then obviously had to upgrade the injector's and fuel system. What type of tunning method is he using? A header is only good for looks....they really don't add anything performance wise on our car's. If his is a 86 that mean's he doesn't had airbag's,lsd diff,abs,s4brakes..ect.ect. The only plus side to driving a 86 model....is it's the lightest of the bunch weighing in at a scant 2840lbs. While mine with all the goodies weighs 3040lbs. Although I love having Lsd,abs, the larger s4 brakes,airbags, larger oil cooler...ect. I have thought about trying to lighten the car a little.....but, I think I like my stereo and ac.

Thanks for all the comment's guy. Glad to hear you feel the same way I do. Rice is the stickers on na b16 civic's,the byplane wing's, the attitude that just cause you got a turbo your the shit and can beat anything ect. I can't stand ricer's. Nice to see most people feel the same way I do.:rockon:

Cal

Established Member
Got any pics?

I agree with 04HillzGT, just because it has 4 cylinders doesnt make it rice.

porshh951

Established Member
Yeah I will post some pics if someone will tell me why I can't post attachment's????

Is it because I dont have alot of posts or something??

porshh951

Established Member
I have to say I am laughing my ass off. I raced a svt member here last sep/oct 03' along with my friend chris in his teg...and we both left him pretty badly(races were done on the freeway from a roll) This member spent awhile talking shit about my friend and his integra...."he is a ricer" "I would kill him yada yada yada" Anyways we drove up to meet him at his work raced...and like I said walked all over his ass. I did a search using his name....after reading some of his posted kill threads I have to say shame on him. You know who you are....stop talking shit...and I hope you learned your lesson. Just cause it's a 4 cylinder motor....doesn't mean you will automatically win.

****ing tool's. You know who you are....I hope you feel like a dumbass. My Pm offer will stand...if you ever want another chance at me or my friend....I would be happy to give you a rematch. Just don't bring your mouth.

I was going to be totally cool...but, after reading what you write....and what you said......it's obvious you are a tool. When you get more modded......well have to race again.

Till then let this thread be a lesson to you. Snap on's calling out your name and # as I speak. Peace bitch:nono:

Last edited:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
like I said in the PM's you need to sit down and shut the **** up ******. I gave u and your friend MAD props on your cars and said outright that you WERE NOT RICERS! I said that 99% of imports are ricers and that assumably you 2 would be as well, which is not a bad assumption based on percentage of rice to import. As soon as I saw both of your cars and your mods, I admitted that you had nice cars and would both obviously beat my car due the extreme number and magnitude of your mods, whereas my car was a basically minor bolt-on fox. As for u calling me a ricer for "running my mouth" u can sit back and shut the **** up. I posted more detailed info in the pm I sent you about the races I won adn the cars I've beaten. There is no reason for me to ASSUME that an integra is going to beat me just b/c he says he will. I will always assume rice until proven otherwise, which I was and admitted to as soon as you and him pulled up. I also never RACED either of you. He was racing my friend John in his ****ing fairmount wagon and as I recall he beat your friends Integra. We were following behind them watching and then decided to **** around a lil, yes. But as I explained before and recently in PM's, I was in range for 3rd gear but only put it in 4th and went for only a couple seconds and let off as soon as I saw you pulling past me. We did not get a chance to go again obviously because i was PULLED OVER by the cops. Do you remember that??? Not exactly good conditions for continuing to race huh?? I had no beef with you or your buddy's car or either of you in person. But now you are calling me a tool, a bitch, and a ricer. Now we have a problem. If you wanna meet up and settle this I will be more than happy to do so. U just PM me a time and place and I will come settle this all over your ass you fat ****ing kid. Otherwise, you need to stop running your mouth and calling me out. No-one likes an E-THUG, and thats exactly what you are doing. You feel like you can tlak all the shit you want since you are safe behind your computer. I dare you to call me a bitch or a tool to my face. See wut happens kid. Till then, eat **** ******.

Bingo13

Established Member
Re: Not all 4cylinder car's are rice**edit new footage**

Originally posted by porshh951
Anyways for those of you who asked... little four banger out there this time. :-p

Users who are viewing this thread