Not an L but a damn good reason to check your balljoints and replace them if need be.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Okay, I know it not an L but, it is a garaged kept 99 with only 40,000 on the odometer. The lower balljoints were replaced last year at 29,000 miles. These are Moog joints but I have seen it happen with factory Ford joints.

I had bad joints at 21,000 miles on my truck.

Thank you,

Management.

DSCN3359.jpg

DSCN3361.jpg

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
damn dude you werent shitting!
id probably grease my jeans if that shit happened while i was driving!

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
:shrug:Are you sure thats not a low-rider mod?Can't be sure these days???

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
How do you know if yours is bad?

The best way to tell if they are bad is to jack one wheel up at a time. Place the jack under the lower control arm. Under the coil spring works the best. The joint needs to have all of the spring pressure removed otherwise you cannot see if it's bad.

Couple different ways to tell.

Grab the wheel at the top and the bottom. Rock it in and out at the bottom of the wheel. See if it moves at the bottom of the wheel.

Large channel lock pliers work the best. Just try to compress the joint. One end on the bottom of the shaft of the joint and the lower portion of the spindle. If the joint compresses at all the joint is bad. I'll try to get a pic here in the next few days and I'll post it up of where to test the joints at with the pliers.

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
I have been meaning to change all my suspension componets to MOOG.

Now is it cheaper to buy a new control front a arm with new balljoint or simply replace the exsisting ball joint?

thanx

sorry for the highjack ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread