not happy with the off road X pipe sound with my Flows...

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
put the VRS 2.5" off road X on my cobra about a week ago, i am not too happy with the sound. it is insanely loud, that i don't mind, it's just the way it sounds. sounds real raspy, high pitched, like a freakin pro stock car. it SCREAMS when i get on it. i want to try an off road H, see how i like it. when i had my 5.0s in the past i was always a huge fan of the off road H + 2chamber flows combo. the flows sounded great on my car when i had the stock H pipe, but i dont really like the sound with the off road X. maybe a high flow X would sound a lot better. so if anyone wants to trade me their off road H for my X, i would trade straight up. it only has 200 miles on it. i am eventually gonna switch to long tubes, but just want to see what sound like better, H or X, off road or high flow cats. hopefully there will be a good showing of '03s at fords at englishtown in october, so i can hear some different combos. i will be recording my X + flows combo before i take it off though, and if anyone wants to hear it in person just let me know.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
This has been the general consensus. Don't run an X with flow masters...the X is tuned for high pitch, the flows are tuned for low pitch...and they sound awful together.

Users who are viewing this thread