not sure what to do

trendkilllx

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra, bought new and it is still in good shape. I can sell the cobra and get a 2011 gt500 or keep it and get a 2011 gt. Have not drove either of the new cars but the new gt looks impressive for the price.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
If you can afford the cost of carrying both I'd take the 03 Cobra and the '11 GT. I have love for the 03 and if it's a low mileage nice example that you can keep nice, beat on the more common 11 GT.

Last edited by a moderator:

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
If it were me I'd go with the GT500, because sure GT's are common but 03/04 cobras are starting to show up a lot more now that you can get high mileage for 16k or less. But then again it also depends on your style. GT500 is more of a head turner.

SBSnake

Established Member
If you can afford the cost of carrying both I'd take the 03 Cobra and the '11 GT. I have love for the 03 and if it's a low mileage nice example that you can keep nice, beat on the more common 11 GT.

this. If it was me, id rather keep the Cobra low mileage and have the 11 as a dd rather than racking up miles on the 11 GT500 since you didnt mention if you had another vehicle to drive or not

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
If I were to buy the 11 gt. Which I will be doing sometime shortly. I want to change the front end of the 11gt into the gt500 front fascia. Not that I want a gt500 clone but I like the front end better

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Keep the Snake. Beat on the GT.

OR..Save the money on the GT (39K) and turn your Snake into an 8 second car lol.

ringo01

Established Member
I think you should drive them both and base your decision off of that. As much as I love the GT500, you already have a cobra. I would probably pick up a GT (32k) :rolleyes:

The 2011 GT is a very refined car... not like any other mustang I've driven. I would compare it to my Dad's BMWs before anything else. The transmission is so smooooth.

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
I vote GT500 too! More exclusive and more of a head turner! Keep it in the SVT family! :-D Sure the 5.0 probably is a great car, but everybody and their brother will have one, can't say that about the GT500! :burnout:

Last edited:

trendkilllx

Established Member
seems like a fairly close response, with a slight edge to the GT500. Probably will wait until the end of 2011 to make a decision and will drive both cars. hopefully any dealer markups will be non existent on either car, also hopefully it will be easier to get a better deal!

Users who are viewing this thread