Not too bad for a 16 year old car. Pic heavy

fake

Established Member
I've had my 97 for two weeks now. The paint needed some tlc pretty bad. It has quite a few rock chips on the hood and front bumper but you can't tell unless you get close now. After two weeks of buffing and polishing and putting numerous layers of Blackfire Wet Diamond; she is coming along nicely.
I'm in the process of making a car port on the side of the house, since the 2013 Tacoma and the wifes Eclipse is in the garage.

I need to clay bar the heck out of it. Spacers for the rear wheels will be in tomorrow.

Some pics I just took within 30 minutes of detailing her this evening.

IMG_0033_zps99385ee3.jpg

IMG_0037_zps34d42e4c.jpg

IMG_0038_zps6356b5b8.jpg

IMG_0039_zps6faf8ecb.jpg

IMG_0041_zpsf11d01c1.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsffef1bf6.jpg

IMG_0046_zpsee330920.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsc15d552a.jpg

IMG_0055_zpsd82e6ef7.jpg

IMG_0054_zpsc7d8cbdb.gif

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
looks good. meguires 105/205, blackfire wet diamond sealant and lastly blackfire carnuba is the best combo I've found for the pacific green. I also have the full line of menzerna products as well, but the above is where it's at. tip though- if you're gonna clay the car, make sure to wash the car with dial soap to remove all residues. really shoulda clayed before you spent time polishing cause you probably created tons on tiny scratches and marring.

Noreast

Established Member
Looks excellent! My girlfriend bought me Adams polishes for a present. Best products I've used

fake

Established Member
looks good. meguires 105/205, blackfire wet diamond sealant and lastly blackfire carnuba is the best combo I've found for the pacific green. I also have the full line of menzerna products as well, but the above is where it's at. tip though- if you're gonna clay the car, make sure to wash the car with dial soap to remove all residues. really shoulda clayed before you spent time polishing cause you probably created tons on tiny scratches and marring.

Yes, the second day I had it; I washed it with dawn liquid soap, which strips everything off. I then took the 3M rubbing compound and buffed the car, then applied the sealant. Yes I should have clayed it but I didn't have all day. I will strip it this summer again. Now when I had my 2011 black 5.0; I washed in dawn, clayed it, Blackfire wet diamond, followed by a carnuba wax 24 hours later.

Here is what my 5.0 looked like.

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Yes, the second day I had it; I washed it with dawn liquid soap, which strips everything off. I then took the 3M rubbing compound and buffed the car, then applied the sealant. Yes I should have clayed it but I didn't have all day. I will strip it this summer again. Now when I had my 2011 black 5.0; I washed in dawn, clayed it, Blackfire wet diamond, followed by a carnuba wax 24 hours later.

Here is what my 5.0 looked like.

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

.....That's absolutely incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread