Notch or '99 Cobra Vert?

Notch vs '99 Cobra Vert

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

werstlna

Established Member
Here's another WWSVTP do poll. I've got a '92 notch with 3.73, short throw, good suspension stuff, but otherwise stock (not even exhaust). There's a clean local stock '99 Cobra Vert available at a pretty decent price. I wouldn't have to take out a loan, so no worries there. Should I:

1) Keep the notch and mod that sucka!

2) Buy the vert and sell the notch for about the same $

3) Buy the vert AND keep the notch! (Wife's gonna kill me!)

Freakingstang

Established Member
Do both. i have been lucky enought to to keep mine over the years. even though they needs more mods, it is always nice to have two vehicles you can get in and drive that you own.

And Clean coupes are getting harder to find...don't give it away in this economy...

NukeGuard

Established Member
If you've got the cash for both, then do both. Keep the '99 for a decent driver and mod the hell outta the notch. I've got an '01 and would take a notch for it any day of the week. Much less to mod.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Convince her that you're actually saving money by buying a cobra now instead of a mid life crisis car (Viper) years down the road.

Let me know how comfy your friend's couch is :beer:

Raven519

Established Member
keep the notch...shouldn't even be a question...99 cobras are ugly IMO...besides if you bought the cobra and kept the notch you would be losing mod money...

Adower

Established Member
Keep the notch! Use the money that you would be paying on a 99 car note for mods. Get about 350 rwhp in the notch and you WILL have fun.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Keep both if you can. You don't need your wife's permission to spend the money you made. However, if your wife made the money, buy it anyway. She will get over it eventually. Definitely do not get rid of the coupe.

My94GT

Established Member
what would your plans be for either car? do you have another car to dd so that if one you mod breaks your not in a bind.

i would prolly do some mods to the notch like H\C\I and full exhaust and call it a day for now, keep the extra money saved as its always nice in life to have extra money laying around. and youll sleep better knowing the wife doesnt hate you haha.

best of luck with what ever you do just have fun!

Tunink

Established Member
Use some common sense here. In this economy I wouldn't go out to get in anymore debt than necessary.

Keep the notch and mod it if you can afford to. Don't go into anymore debt.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
comes down to sheer preference, they are completely different setups.

if u want it to be a speed monster for the track, ur better bet is the notch. If you want a nice cruiser then I'd say the 99 cobra vert

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
this is a no brainer. keep the notch and get the vert. that way you can mod the piss out of the notch and while its down you still have a sweet stang to cruise in. thats my plans down the road.

clean93

Established Member
dont you sell that fox!!! keep it. if you can afford both then go for it but like mentioned above you dont have to be in any more debt especially nowadays with how unstable things are. good luck with whatever decision you make

Users who are viewing this thread