Novi 2200 setup and 3.33 upper stock lower pullyer max boost

blownby

Established Member
Just a quick question....
Given stock motor, BOSS 302 intake & full exhaust with Long tubes, 6 rib kit, what should be the boost the 3.33 pulley will make say at 7,000 & 7500 rpm?

Seems like maybe 11 psi looking at my boost curve currently

Last edited:

GBCoyote

Established Member
More than your stock motor can handle. Get a torque booster if you want to pulley down for a better power curve. 11psi is going to pop your motor. (Yes people have done it but it is VERY short lived)

GBCoyote

Established Member
Your wastegate is going to determine your boost level then. The spring is what needs to be addressed. It comes with a spring for about 10lbs. So regardless of pulley size 10lbs is all you're going to make. The smaller the pulley will determine how soon you'll see the boost. So with a 3.33 pulley, you may see full boost at around 5k, but with a 3.15 pulley you may get full boost around 4600 or so, for example. Either way, an 8 rib setup is in your future. There are people who run the wastegate setup on a 6 rib successfully, there are more than a few who can't get it to run without belt slip.

blownby

Established Member
Yeah I have the 10 psi spring but don't see 10 psi till like 7000,. So is the spring probably starting to slightly open early and bleed off a tad to slow the boost build

GBCoyote

Established Member
You could have a boost leak. Never really watched what RPM mine hits full boost at to be honest, I just know it's faster than what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread